Centre back

The only issue I have with Russell Martin is that his natural position is right back and that's where he plays for Norwich. He only plays in the centre for them when they have injuries. For his own progression in that position he needs to be playing it regularly for his club

If we could fine a couple of decent centre halves I wouldn't be opposed to shifting Martin out to RB

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only issue I have with Russell Martin is that his natural position is right back and that's where he plays for Norwich. He only plays in the centre for them when they have injuries. For his own progression in that position he needs to be playing it regularly for his club

I read recently that Russell martin had been moved permanently to cb at Norwich?

The Martin Greer/Hanley partnership is as good as its going to get for the few years I think. John Souttar, Domonic Hyam, Zak Jules, Jordan McGhee, Stuart Findlay appear to be the possible future solutions from what i've read. You need a bit of experience to play centre back at this level though.

The Martin Greer/Hanley partnership is as good as its going to get for the few years I think. John Souttar, Domonic Hyam, Zak Jules, Jordan McGhee, Stuart Findlay appear to be the possible future solutions from what i've read. You need a bit of experience to play centre back at this level though.

What about Hanlon from Hibs & MacKenzie from Blackpool

I like see they in senior team squad training

• 1 month later...

How do you hear about these people?

Neil Colin - he help Sheffield Utd to through semi-Final after beat Southampton 1-0

Jay McEveley - same help centre back with Colin to through semi final for clear no goal with Southampton

Murray Wallace - lots of lost game but good hard work to Hudderfield town centre back

Alex Davey- few lost, drew and won game but good hard work to Scunthorge Utd centre back

Neil Colin - he help Sheffield Utd to through semi-Final after beat Southampton 1-0

Jay McEveley - same help centre back with Colin to through semi final for clear no goal with Southampton

Murray Wallace - lots of lost game but good hard work to Hudderfield town centre back

Alex Davey- few lost, drew and won game but good hard work to Scunthorge Utd centre back

Alex Davey? He's the Chelsea lad isn't he?

Berra seems to be playing well for Ipswich at the mo.

He is so, seems to be a player maturing as he goes on, bit like Gordon Greer to be fair. You're probably looking at Berra, Martin, Hanley, Greer, Mulgrew as 5 main centre backs, with the likes of Reynolds as backup. Danny Wilson seems to be doing no bad, not saying I'd have him in the squad just now, but he's progressing well with Hearts.

Danny Wilson is developing brilliantly at Hearts. We don't have much depth at centre back Ive got to say. At present Hanley and Martin are by far our best options. John Souttar for me is a classy ball playing defender but isn't what you would call a tough centre back. Marcus Fraser is our best prospect. Maybe Coll Donaldson can be the latest Livingston graduate. Its a shame Gordon Greer is 34 now as he is a cracking defender.

Danny Wilson is developing brilliantly at Hearts. We don't have much depth at centre back Ive got to say. At present Hanley and Martin are by far our best options. John Souttar for me is a classy ball playing defender but isn't what you would call a tough centre back. Marcus Fraser is our best prospect. Maybe Coll Donaldson can be the latest Livingston graduate. Its a shame Gordon Greer is 34 now as he is a cracking defender.

Does Marcus Fraser get a game these days?

I remember him coming on as a champs league sub 3 or 4 years ago but don't remember seeing him much since.

Archived