Striker

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch them both for thier clubs. Both miss chances they probably should score, and both can score half chances. You two just utterly reek of folk who fall for this legend that Rhodes is some form of super striker who'll score every time he has a chance, which is an embarrassing view. Hes behind Martin because hes playing worse, get over it

I don't want Rhodes in the squad and not fussed on Martin either. Fletcher is by far our best option or Naismith after that it's slim pickings.

You still don't have a clue who the best finisher is though son unless you have both their chance to goal ratios handy?

Which you don't.

I don't want Rhodes in the squad and not fussed on Martin either. Fletcher is by far our best option or Naismith after that it's slim pickings.

You still don't have a clue who the best finisher is though son unless you have both their chance to goal ratios handy?

Which you don't.

Martin has 72 shots, with 54% hitting the target. So thats (rounded up) 39 shots on target. He's scored 14 goals. So 36% of his shots on target ends in a goal.

Rhodes has 64 shots, with 45% hitting the target. So thats (rounded up) 29 shots on target. He's scored 9 goals. So 31% of his shots on target ends in a goal.

Martin is a better finisher than Rhodes. Fact.

The links below if you want to do your own maths.

http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings#shot-accuracy#player-stats#football-league-championship|season-2014/2015#all-teams#forward#16#39#0#0#90#08/08/2014#01/01/2015#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total

Martin has 72 shots, with 54% hitting the target. So thats (rounded up) 39 shots on target. He's scored 14 goals. So 36% of his shots on target ends in a goal.

Rhodes has 64 shots, with 45% hitting the target. So thats (rounded up) 29 shots on target. He's scored 9 goals. So 31% of his shots on target ends in a goal.

Martin is a better finisher than Rhodes. Fact.

The links below if you want to do your own maths.

http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings#shot-accuracy#player-stats#football-league-championship|season-2014/2015#all-teams#forward#16#39#0#0#90#08/08/2014#01/01/2015#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total

A fact? Or...martin is in better form for a stronger club side this season. Don't think anyone is denying that.

Totally different kind of player to Rhodes and Martin but George Boyd surely worthy of a recall based on his recent form for Burnley?

Obviously a guy who seemed promising when he committed himself to Scotland but think he only ever made an appearance in Serbia? Two goals in the last two games and getting rave reviews. Seems to be heavily involved whenever I watch MOTD anyway

He's always in the squad, don't think he's ever pulled out of one actually, but he isn't really a striker and so not really the answer to out goal scoring problems!!!

But would expect him to perhaps be getting involved more if he maintains his current form for Burnley for the remainder of the season, he could/should be moving ahead of Dorrans and Morrison in Strachan's selections as both of them are on a major downer at the moment and not performing anywhere like they should be doing!!!

Just because it was so much fun in the Centre-Back Thread, here's a complete (hopefully) list of who we can chose from in the top two divisions down south in an attempt to alleviate our goal scoring woes!!!

The Premier League

Islam Feruz - 18 - Chelsea

Stephen Dobbie - 31 - Crystal Palace

Steven Naismith - 27 - Everton

Matthew Kennedy - 21 - Everton

Will Annan - 18 - Hull City

Paul Gallagher - 29 - Leicester City

Sam Gallagher - 18 - Southampton

Steven Fletcher - 27 - Sunderland

Alex Jones - 19 - West Bromwich Albion

The Championship

Denny Johnstone - 19 - Birmingham City

Jordan Rhodes - 24 - Blackburn Rovers

Jordan Preston - 18 - Blackburn Rovers

Craig Mackail-Smith - 30 - Brighton & Hove Albion

Johnny Russell - 24 - Derby County

Chris Martin - 25 - Derby County

Ross McCormack - 28 -Fulham

Matt Smith - 25 - Fulham

Liam Coogans - 17 - Huddersfield Town

Sheiden Rodgers - 17 - Huddersfield Town

Jamie Mackie - 28 - Nottingham Forest

Jamie Paterson - 22 - Nottingham Forest

Harry Cardwell -17 - Reading

Chris Maguire - 25 - Sheffield Wednesday

Stevie May - 21 - Sheffield Wednesday

Alex Jakubiak - 18 - Watford

Shaun Maloney - 31 - Wigan Athletic

Jordan Allan - 15 - Wolverhampton Wanderers

Just to add, the boy Cardwell at Reading is really good, might be an idea to get in quick before England come chapping at his door!!!

Has he played first team at all yet?

I really don't know, I think DavidMcG or HibeeJibee would be the men for that kind of stat, I'm only commentng after having seen his Two goals and general performance at Cappielow earlier this season, I just really hope he keeps at it and continues to progress, the talent is quite obviously there!!!

It's also pleasing to read in any articles about him, that he does appear to be pretty commited to Scotland, which is pleasing to see and goals like this can only give you hope for our future...

:huh: Charlton are Championship.

Yes I know, that was an attempt at facetiousness regarding his ability and temperament that that obviously fell flat on it's face!!!

I really don't know, I think DavidMcG or HibeeJibee would be the men for that kind of stat, I'm only commentng after having seen his Two goals and general performance at Cappielow earlier this season, I just really hope he keeps at it and continues to progress, the talent is quite obviously there!!!

It's also pleasing to read in any articles about him, that he does appear to be pretty commited to Scotland, which is pleasing to see and goals like this can only give you hope for our future...

Yes I know, that was an attempt at facetiousness regarding his ability and temperament that that obviously fell flat on it's face!!!

Some goal that. But we'll almost certainly find a reason not to play him (scores too many goals) or he'll pick up a career-threatening injury (obliterated pelvis) to he'll turn out to be a cock (Feruz)

Archived