Expecting trouble?

MacWatt

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the thing; the England fans singing anti-IRA songs in Celtic Park is probably fair game as their logic is "we is playin in Celtic Pawk, and Celtic is well IRA, innit?" But England fans sing anti-IRA songs at EVERY match, matches that have nothing to do with Celtic or Ireland. These anti-IRA songs are in fact anti-Irish, as the clear implication from singing them is that all Irish are IRA supporters. The same way that singing "no surrender to the Nazi scum" would quite rightly be deemed to be anti-German, as it implies all Germans are Nazis.

sorry I can not fully agree with this, its like saying "f**k the kkk" makes you anti American. the song was clearly a dig at the IRA and not the population of Ireland as a whole, and you right its song was probably more a dig at celtic rather than Ireland due to the reputation Celtic have down south of being IRA sypathisers. would this problem have been reported had they been chanting f**k isis or al quadea?

sorry I can not fully agree with this, its like saying "f**k the kkk" makes you anti American. the song was clearly a dig at the IRA and not the population of Ireland as a whole, and you right its song was probably more a dig at celtic rather than Ireland due to the reputation Celtic have down south of being IRA sypathisers. would this problem have been reported had they been chanting f**k isis or al quadea?

OK, answer me this though: if England fans sung "no surrender to the Nazi scum", particularly if they were playing Germany, do you agree that this would be a gratuitous and deliberate insult to the German people? The argument that "it's a dig at the Nazis, not the population of Germany as a whole" simply would not stand up. The raison d'etre of singing the song is to imply "you Germans are Nazi scum". That's how Irish people would feel at the singing of anti-IRA songs.

He's desperately clutching at straws in order to find fault with England fans. Anyone in their right mind surely knows- I wouldn't even justify his claims with a response. Utter tripe.

Here's a little game to keep you occupied. Try and spot a black person amongst the England supporters. Strange how a country with such a large black population, a demographic that has contributed so much to English football over the past 30-40 years, can have so few black supporters following the national team. Wonder why that is.

fans_3110875b%5B1%5D.jpg

Would that study of ethnic makeup extend to Scottish fans also??? What a pathetic toys out the pram attitude. So....when Rangers and Celtic come calling, do those Outraged from Scotlandshires believe they are being judged as F..or O ..b*****ds because a few idiots sing some songs?? i wonder what would become if people start blowing up bits of Waverley and Buchanan St and see if this ultra-leftist pish contunues.

Can someone translate this post for me?

Here's a little game to keep you occupied. Try and spot a black person amongst the England supporters. Strange how a country with such a large black population, a demographic that has contributed so much to English football over the past 30-40 years, can have so few black supporters following the national team. Wonder why that is.

fans_3110875b%5B1%5D.jpg

You're a good lad HR-HC, but come on, let it go.

OK, answer me this though: if England fans sung "no surrender to the Nazi scum", particularly if they were playing Germany, do you agree that this would be a gratuitous and deliberate insult to the German people? The argument that "it's a dig at the Nazis, not the population of Germany as a whole" simply would not stand up. The raison d'etre of singing the song is to imply "you Germans are Nazi scum". That's how Irish people would feel at the singing of anti-IRA songs.

so if next time Scotland play at wembley , I head down and start chanting say "f**k the EDL", by your logic I am being anti English?

fans_3110875b%5B1%5D.jpg

Black people are underrepresented in most football team away supports. It's hard to label it an 'England' issue when you aren't comparing it to anything. Do Germany have many black supporters in their away crowd? France? Italy? Spain?

Kinda makes sense though. Travelling support - particularly international travelling support - are by definition wealthier than your average fan. Black people have below average wealth so it's no surprise that they're generally underrepresented

fans_3110875b%5B1%5D.jpg

^^^ desperately searching for things to take offense at

Half Rice Half Chips having an absolute nightmare here. "What if England were playing a team who they weren't actually playing and started singing songs about something that was remotely related to a country. That would be clearly racist."

Tuesday was my first Scotland home game since the Faroes in 2006 and I hated every minute of it. I don't think I'll be doing home games again.

Nearly sixty quid to sit and listen to hate-filled, drunken cretins spouting xenophobic bile and generally showing themselves up. I was sitting in the Lisbion Lions upper, in the corner next to the North Stand and almost everyone around me was vile. It started off with the widespread booing of the English national anthem which was embarrassing enough, but the constant shouting and chanting of "If you hate the fucking English, clap your hands" was reprehensible. Now, I'm not one of those sensitive souls that constantly seeks to be offended at the football, nor am I a Brit-nat, sevco sympathiser spitting the dummy out because GSTQ was disrespected - far from it, but that ninety minutes was as unpleasant an experience as I've ever had in twenty odd years of going to games.

Aside from the offensive and cringeworthy xenophobia, I witnessed pissed up teuchters too drunk to watch the game, spend almost the entire second half baiting two Glasweigan lads who were minding their own business and just watching the game. Another halfwit tried to headbut a steward for politely asking him to stop standing on the stairs during the game. The Scotland support was horrible and not for the first time at a home game I've been at.

It was in complete contrast to the impeccably behaved and well recieved support that travelled to Dortmund and Warsaw.

Away games only from now on for me.

fans_3110875b%5B1%5D.jpg

30% of this England "mob" are black!post-42731-14165083438995_thumb.jpg

Out of a matter of interest, how many black people follow Scotland, Wales and Ireland?!!

Archived