Expecting trouble?

MacWatt

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cops have been making noises in the papers about it being a "high risk" game and how they're expecting arrests and mounting a massive police presence. Now that they've said all that, they need to be seen to justify the funds they've been allocated for it.

All along i was hoping this would be a peaceful enjoyable occasion but starting to get the fear a little bit. Not sure how your average brain dead Rangers loyalist is going to look at this fixture and what trouble could possibly occur

I work at Waverley and the BTP were in telling us to keep our eyes peeled, as there's rumours of a lot of the English coming up to cause trouble :unsure:

Scaremongering pish it will be.

There was what, one arrest when Scotland were down south last year? And that was just some blootered guy walking about in the scud.

I can imagine idiots from all over will be making their way up and there will be idiot Scots looking for bother too. Doubt those looking for trouble will be your regular England or Scotland supporter though. Mostly p***ks using it as an excuse I would say.

If you know any Scottish hooligans, point them in the direction of the 'England band'. It would be marvellous if their experience in Glasgow put them off ever attending another international game.

There will be some retaliation for the fairy liquid gag played by the tartan army last year. I seriously expect a pretty good natured event with your usual slaggings but not expecting any arrests. I hope I'm right

In Central just now and a very high police presence for a Monday. Several English police and just seen several "casual" styled guys get hearded together off Virgin train for a search or arrest.

Archived