Great individual performances for Scotland

Blootoon87

It wasnt a huge game but Scott Brown's performance against Georgia in this campaign was one of the best performances I have seen. He was absolutely everywhere.

He has more often than not played well for scotland and he has been captain many times before, but that was the first performance he has given for me where he gave a proper Scotland captain's performance, and fully came out the shadow of just covering for Darren Fletcher.

Even if Fletcher got back to the heights he was at pre-illnes, there's no one id rather have as captain now than Scott Brown.

A thread for praising the Herculean efforts our players occasionally put in.

From recent times, the first one to stand out is Darren Fletcher at home to the Czech Republic in the 2-2 game. Scored one, set up the other and generally pulled the whole team through that match.

Russell Martin away to Croatia in the 1-0 smash and grab win was something else also. This was when Scotland as a team were on a horrendous run, and confidence was an all time low. In one of his first few games for us, he threw himself into every tackle and header and put his body on the line time after time.

What are your memories of heroes in individual matches?

kenny miller comes to mind MULTIPLE times even although every scotland fan on earth apart from me slates him at every opportunity.

Miller against norway away is one of several outstanding individual performances

Archived