Dalbeattie Star C University of Stirling -

East Kilbride v Spartans 3pm

Edinburgh City v Gala Fairydean Rovers 3pm

Edinburgh University v Threave Rovers 3pm

Gretna 2008 C Whitehill Welfare -

Preston Athletic C BSC Glasgow -

Selkirk C Vale of Leithen -

Gretna 2008 v Preston Athletic 3pm

C - cancelled due to South Challenge Cup ties which take priority over League fixtures

So 4 of original 7 fixtures postponed. Similar sort of story in the SOS League (3 of 7 league games affected) and by my reckoning worst of all in proportion will be the EOS First Division (3 of 4 games affected).

Personally, I think that such very inflexible "if at first you don't succeed, try try and try again" rules are becoming an anachronism in the modern era. It was different in the days before fixture-lists, floodlights, hospitality and match sponsorship, longer-distance leagues with matches undertaken by hire coach, and so on. Next round is due on Saturday 14th February 2015 which is a full 3 calendar months away, so there should be no necessity to run a bulldozer through the schedules of 3 different leagues to have another go 7 days later.

Things are a lot better for LL clubs than they once were - in the EOS League most of the cups seem to still get first-call e.g. Duns v Civil Service in the EOS Qualifying Cup was off in October and tried again a week later - but room for modernisation as it inconveniences everyone.

You could be right Hibbee ... the Mantis is away putting up posters in Rosewell advertising his new day trip to the Gretna Designer Outlet :lol:

Let's hope to god it's a drier week or how long could it run for !

You could be right Hibbee ... the Mantis is away putting up posters in Rosewell advertising his new day trip to the Gretna Designer Outlet :lol:

Let's hope to god it's a drier week or how long could it run for !

Didn't you do about a dozen trips down there last season?

They don't call the folk up their Rosewellingtons for nowt eh? :lol:

Grimbo

Didn't you do about a dozen trips down there last season?

They don't call the folk up their Rosewellingtons for nowt eh? :lol:

Grimbo

Your quite proud of this new Rosewellingtons name aren't you Grimbo :lol:

That was the season before last ... spent half the season looking forward to a trip to Gretna on the Saturday !

The South Challenge Cup, Second Round - South & West Zone

BSC Glasgow v Abbey Vale (SOSFL) 3pm

This one is to be played in New Abbey. I think the reason being Maryhill Juniors have a home fixture this weekend.

The South Challenge Cup, Second Round - South & West Zone

BSC Glasgow v Abbey Vale (SOSFL) 3pm

This one is to be played in New Abbey. I think the reason being Maryhill Juniors have a home fixture this weekend.

The kick off will be at 1.30pm I hear.

Looks like I will b watching Maryhill this week then, can I ask if anybody knows the ruling on grounds in senior football in Scotland cos is it right to believe u need first option on ground to enter????

All depends on the meaning of the word "senior" I suspect. It seems to me that the SLFL don't come under that banner.

Now ex player wants to know the rules regarding ground sharing and cup entry.....it's brilliant stuff from him.....listen why don't you use your vast experience and join a club in the LL and you will get to know ALL the rules.

Now ex player wants to know the rules regarding ground sharing and cup entry.....it's brilliant stuff from him.....listen why don't you use your vast experience and join a club in the LL and you will get to know ALL the rules.

. What the f**k is up with u ???? I was only asking as I did not know,

Ex player...it is not just me in the BSC set up that thinks you have a wee axe to grind....every time a post comes up regarding us you "hint" at negative things....be a bit more positive about us at times and I will get off your case.....otherwise I think you have another agenda.

So to summarise another post regarding one of my replies.....Yes I have taken a dislike to your posts on here.

Archived