Sons v Hibs

Just back from Dumbarton.

Great day out, Allan is just simply so money, Malonga is now my favourite hibs player of all time (my username will be getting changed to him), Dumbarton Fans are gid c***s and we're 7pts behind The Rangers. Happy days.

3833536161.jpg

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While agreeing that the formation makes a big difference I just don't get the players. In the first half it looked as if they wernt interested, almost not trying. Yet right from kick off in the second half they were right up for it. We're they in the huff in the first half because they didn't like the formation?

While agreeing that the formation makes a big difference Zi just don't get the players. In the first half it looked as if they wernt interested, almost not trying. Yet right from kick off in the second half they were right up for it. We're they in the huff in the first half because they didn't like the formation?

Maybe they just weren't comfortable with where they were being asked to play and therefore weren't actively looking for the ball.

Sorry but you have to choose us or the Yams.

Sorry but I just can't

Hibs obvs :wub:

Couldn't believe Murray tried the same 3-5-2 type of formation as last week.

Good effort from our players 2nd half, but in truth the game was over at halftime. We may get away with changing shape halfway through a match v Livingston, but today was simply crazy.

While agreeing that the formation makes a big difference I just don't get the players. In the first half it looked as if they wernt interested, almost not trying. Yet right from kick off in the second half they were right up for it. We're they in the huff in the first half because they didn't like the formation?

They may have been entitled to be in the huff. Last week we started with three centre-backs and Agnew appeared on the right wing. In the second half we gave up on the musical players stunt and went on to deservedly win the game.

This week we start with four centre-backs and Gils plays at left-back for a spell in the first half. Second period we at least sober up and draw it 3-3. When people are happy in their work it tends to show.

Ian Murray celebrated two years in the job today. If he doesn't soon cut out this crap he may well undo some of the reputation he has built up, here and elsewhere.

Aye, 4-4-2 from now on please.

I suspect that the majority of the fans that left at 5-3 are part timers. Hope they don't bother coming back if they're going to walk out like that. Good to see Kane having a wee go at them on twitter. p***ks.

Spirited fight back in the second half from the players.

We're a team that very much goes on the "you score 4, we score 5" mentality. As pretty much every Sons fan has said, all this experimental 3-5-2 shit just isn't our game. Hopefully Murray sees that now. 6-3 is a bad scoreline but it could have been a lot uglier.

Wee break for the team before some big games against Alloa and Cowden. Hopefully we can pick up some valuable points.

Pretty sure I saw some leaving after 30 minutes when it went to 0-3.

Looked at the back three Ian Murray selected I smelled disaster right from the start. A defence slower than spending a week in the jail.

Changed it round after the break and the difference was there for all to see. Be pushed to see a better goal all season than Malonga's 2nd.

You know, I said before getting on the bus last week at Livi that we didn't change to 4-4-2 in the second half and I was widely ridiculed, I accepted that perhaps the 50 other people were correct. Taggart at left wing back yesterday, I'm literally laughing at how silly that is. I reckon we're now seeing the effects of Jack Ross not being there to tell Murray when he's going mental. I read the Dumbarton Terrace this week and it had many stories of us pumping teams 3-1, 4-1, 5-1 and the second half yesterday was that team. Playing defensively hasn't made us hard to beat so get the defenders to f**k, get Kano on and lets start having a go again. Its kept us in this division for 2 years.

Maybe they just weren't comfortable with where they were being asked to play and therefore weren't actively looking for the ball.

Sorry but I just can't

Hibs obvs :wub:

I'll be through in January to sort this out. :angry:

Its frustrating to score 3 goals in the 2nd half and not even get a point. Unfortunately we'd left ourselves with far too much to do after a dismal first 45 minutes.

Murray's formation at the start of the game was baffling. It's admirable having a football philosophy and I applaud Ian Murray for having a clear sense of how he wants the team to play. Unfortunately if the players at your disposal can't play the way the manager wants to then sticking with a formation that is entirely unsuited to the squad becomes a liability. We don't have the players to play 3 at the back. A defence-splitting pass and a forward with pace will expose them - as was the case for the Hibs opener. Theres an argument to be made that with a packed midfield then no Hibs player should have the time and space to pick out that pass but it was a lovely ball and a smart finish.

Our organisation was terrible. It didn't look like we knew what we were doing and the Hibs 2nd goal was another nice pass to a pacy striker. We looked exposed time and time again because the players positioning was terrible and marking non-existent. The change to a more recognisable 4-4-2 at half time made all the difference. Players looked comfortable in their roles, we finally had a man up front who would cause Hibs some trouble and we had them rattled at 3-2.

There were a few terrible performances today but things did improve massively at half time. I wonder how the game would have gone if we'd started 4-4-2 and made more of a contest of things in the first half? We just gave ourselves far too much to do in the 2nd half. Hopefully Murray will realise that sometimes you have to sacrifice your principles as a football manager and go with what works rather than what you wish would work. I'm worried what will happen in January with Kane supposedly going back to Perth. That leaves us with the ineffectual Colin Nish (the only target man who becomes smaller when he jumps because he ducks out of heading the ball). We've got some winnable games coming up and hopefully we'll get a few wins on the board before the January trip to Ibrox.

Next 4 games for us; trip to Alloa, Raith & Falkirk at home then Cowden away. Minimum of 9 points is required before the new year trip to Ibrox and the possible departure of Kano. 2 up front of Kano & Fleming, Gils on the right, Mitch on the left with Turner & Aggie/Kirkpatrick in the middle. McDonald needs to start if no Linton, centre half pairing of big Andy with Marko/Mair & Taggart at right back. Rogers wasn't to blame for the goals yesterday, but Jamie didn't do anything wrong to get dropped.

Archived