Queens v Raith

Folk saying QoS are "average" are well within their rights to say this. It's not like QoS are anything special to watch. The only Championship team I've seen this season who would be worth praising are Hearts. Maybe "average" is not the best word to use, but who cares.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens were decent enough, certainly much much better than us right now.

Results wise we have done ok, but our performances, style of play and tactics are hideous. Ive never known a manager to use the same tactics against every single team in the league.

Last night was far from our best performance of the season. We kept giving the ball away too easily. All of the chances we created though came from us knocking the ball about and stringing a number of passes together. When we do that I think we are very pleasing on the eye, it was just a shame we didn't do it more often last night.

We're getting the results, scoring goals and keeping clean-sheets. The people of Kirkcaldy are maybe harder to please, but I'm fucking loving it!

Queens fans are saying we shouldn't be calling them ' a bit less shite than us' or ' pretty average'..

Well you lot are doing exactly the same, a queens fan posted either the last page or the one before, saying we were being a bit harsh on our manager and he's doing the best he can with a bang-average squad..? Well the reason we are extremely annoyed with murray, is we know that, we actually have a pretty decent squad there..and murray isn't even getting half of the ability/fight/passion out of the players.

I could be wrong here, but I don't think queens brought anyone else in apart from Baird in the summer who wasn't there last year? We replaced Smith with stewart, a better player. We replaced Spence with Nade, a far better player. We replaced Cardle with Conroy which was pretty much like for like. We replaced booth with Mckeown which was probably the only area that we're weaker on paper this year than last year. The squad from last season, took 9 from 12 from QotS. Scoring 6 goals and conceding 4. This season we've scored 3 goals and conceded 6 in the first 2 fixtures against you, taking no points. So yes we're well within our right to be disappointed/furious at murray putting out a defensive, clueless team with no tactics against a team in which we dominated against last season

You don't know what your talking about mate. I'll give credit where credits due, Queens were average and fully deserved the win we were woeful , Do you watch Rovers every week mate? We do and that performance was one of the better ones.

Calling us average is a tad ungracious . Make no mistake, we are a good side and you know it.

f**k me it's nothing whatsoever to do with queens.....were the fuckin same week in week out.....stick on three points for them last night as long as our mini league with Cowden Alloa and Dumbarton is going well......totally fuckin pathetic....MMGTF....

I was on holiday for the 3-4 game so only have last night to gauge QotS on.

The fact is, they didn't need to be anything special to beat us last night. They did what they needed to do without much fuss and deservedly came away with the points.

We were/are so one dimensional and I hate saying this as I always try to be positive when it comes to the Rovers, but we are really bad to watch at the moment. We look like a team concentrating on nullifying other teams' strengths rather than working to our own and letting other teams think about how to stop us.

It's a standard pie and bovril response by some to use the 'two shite teams' 'you were marginally less shite than us' type of comments. They are only every used by people whose team has just been beat and is just sour grapes. So if I was a Queens fan I would take much notice of those sort of comments. You can only beat what is in front of you and did more than enough last night to win the game comfortably.

From having seen all the teams in our league I can't see anyone other than Queens in that fourth spot. They are definitely the strongest team of the rest outside Hearts, Hibs and Rangers.

Queens fans are saying we shouldn't be calling them ' a bit less shite than us' or ' pretty average'..

Well you lot are doing exactly the same, a queens fan posted either the last page or the one before, saying we were being a bit harsh on our manager and he's doing the best he can with a bang-average squad..? Well the reason we are extremely annoyed with murray, is we know that, we actually have a pretty decent squad there..and murray isn't even getting half of the ability/fight/passion out of the players.

I could be wrong here, but I don't think queens brought anyone else in apart from Baird in the summer who wasn't there last year? We replaced Smith with stewart, a better player. We replaced Spence with Nade, a far better player. We replaced Cardle with Conroy which was pretty much like for like. We replaced booth with Mckeown which was probably the only area that we're weaker on paper this year than last year. The squad from last season, took 9 from 12 from QotS. Scoring 6 goals and conceding 4. This season we've scored 3 goals and conceded 6 in the first 2 fixtures against you, taking no points. So yes we're well within our right to be disappointed/furious at murray putting out a defensive, clueless team with no tactics against a team in which we dominated against last season

A starting XI with losers like Barrie McKay, Ross Perry and Callum Elliot is midtable at best. I'd say it's a worse squad if you are losing a very good left back, a guaranteed goalscorer at this level and a player that can create something out of nothing. There really isn't a standout outfield player there that could turn a game around or someone with composure to play some nice passing football like Mark Kerr or McGrandles for Falkirk last year. It's a solid team that is able to get results even if the football is crap on the eyes.

This season was always going to be a case of beat the P/T dross and get a scalp against Hearts/Rangers/Hibs and Raith have done that. Even after a mini exodus, your goalkeeper out for most of the season thus far and arresting an alarming slump this calendar year would suggest that the players are buying into Murray and doing as you'd expect them to do.

Something I don't think has been mentioned yet is the fact we had pretty good penalty shout right at the start of the second half, when Elliot was going for a volley from a cross and was clearly pulled back, the thing is if he didn't spend half his game throwing himself to the ground and stropping at the ref he'd probably have gotten it IMO.

Note this is not to say we deserved yo take anything from the game though.

Have just watched the first goal again there. Perry and McKeown, especially Perry - what the f**k were you doing? It's surely time for Dougie Hill to come back in and try and give us some stability at the back. Not that he's a world beater or anything but he'd surely be an improvement on the bombscare that is Perry

I think Rovers have a significantly weaker squad than last season, but that isn't just based on whose left and who has arrived, it also factors in the reduced performances of those that have stayed on.

Most folk were in agreement that Paul Watson, Kevin Moon and Calum Elliot all started last season in great form, but all three look vastly inferior this time around. You can only speculate as to why that is, and I appreciate that they've all picked up injuries, but three fairly important lynchpins from the early part of last season are now all playing guff.

The team really is all at sea at the moment. There's no cohesion, an apparent lack of spirit, and a fairly obvious lack of creativity. We seem to have just enough to see off the part-time teams and a risible Livingston gang, but are woefully short against the rest. The team is just so flat and frustrating to watch.

Last night could easily have been 4 or 5, with the first two chances in the opening couple of minutes, Baird's chance that was straight at McGurn after about 7 minutes, Durnan's toe poke and header over, Thomson's great clearance, McGurn's double save at 1-0, we were just never in it.

Who knows, we might go on a Scottish Cup run, or somehow eke out some decent performances between now and the end of the season, but this campaign has been utter dreck so far, and I'll probably be happy to see the back of it.

Are some Queens fans having a go at Raith fans for being too harsh on their manager?! Irony meter through the roof.

Earth to Muzza, our grievances came when we were about 8th or 9th in the table and dropping some of our key players from previous season. Maybe the football is shite from a spectator point of view but looking at the current table raith are probably punching slightly above their weight.

Something I don't think has been mentioned yet is the fact we had pretty good penalty shout right at the start of the second half, when Elliot was going for a volley from a cross and was clearly pulled back, the thing is if he didn't spend half his game throwing himself to the ground and stropping at the ref he'd probably have gotten it IMO.

Note this is not to say we deserved yo take anything from the game though.

A poor man's Iain Russell.

Calling us average is a tad ungracious . Make no mistake, we are a good side and you know it.

a queens fan was having a go at the Rovers fans for having high expectations , I merely pointed out that IMO Queens looked average against a woeful Rovers team and that we have been woeful every week. Being accused of being ungracious in defeat is laughable I call how I see it , I'll tell you what I'll blow smoke up yer arse and say Queens were fantastic.

a queens fan was having a go at the Rovers fans for having high expectations , I merely pointed out that IMO Queens looked average against a woeful Rovers team and that we have been woeful every week. Being accused of being ungracious in defeat is laughable I call how I see it , I'll tell you what I'll blow smoke up yer arse and say Queens were fantastic.

Yes, that's better . I let you off the hook now.

QoS's training in lead up to game was to play training matches against traffic cones set out in a basic 4-4-1-1 formation but with 3 real life keepers in goal.

Perfect workout and mirrored the actual game.

Queens were decent. It is however difficult to determine how good as most games we make life very easy for opponents. There is no doubt we have won games this season against the pt sides and livi by being slightly less shite than they were on the day. Queens won this one by being good, having a shape, knocking the ball about at speed, determination etc etc, everything we don't have or do.

Murray is a hopeless football manager and the sooner he is gone the better.

Archived