Queens v Raith

Tend to be really close games.

We do have a pretty good record down at Palmerston.

One of the problems I can see, is the fact that it's on tv so once again our defence probably won't turn up like the last 3 times and ship in another 4 goals or with the way we play away from home, we could surprise everybody and get 2 wins in a row? Or am I just being a bit too unrealistic?

We need to start with two up front, that 2 being Stewart and Nade...get Elliot to f*ck!

If we were to start with they two up front, Mckay and Anderson on the wings with Fox and Moon through the middle, we are capable of leaving Dumfries with some sort of result..

2-3 to the Rovers - Nade to get one of the goals.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tend to be really close games.

We do have a pretty good record down at Palmerston.

One of the problems I can see, is the fact that it's on tv so once again our defence probably won't turn up like the last 3 times and ship in another 4 goals or with the way we play away from home, we could surprise everybody and get 2 wins in a row? Or am I just being a bit too unrealistic?

We need to start with two up front, that 2 being Stewart and Nade...get Elliot to f*ck!

If we were to start with they two up front, Mckay and Anderson on the wings with Fox and Moon through the middle, we are capable of leaving Dumfries with some sort of result..

2-3 to the Rovers - Nade to get one of the goals.

Agreed regarding Elliot, he needs to get fit as he certainly doesn't look it, Oscar Pistorious has better legs than him at the moment.

Home win hopefully to further strengthen our grip on a play off berth. After this we have a couple of tougher games coming up and we really need to win this one to compensate for maybe picking nothing up against hearts and sevco. If we defend like we did today we will have zero problems winning the game fairly easily.

Big game live. It's surely our turn to win 4-3 this time. Big Nade to get a hat-trick and Calum 'the cripple' Elliot to put on another display of his diving prowess and gain us a penalty, which he'll convert for the match winner.

Two wins in row for Murray's Maulers, as Rovers perma-doomed manager, Murray, starts his rise from the grave to regain the trust of the fans and take us on to the Premier League via the play-offs.

Home win hopefully to further strengthen our grip on a play off berth. After this we have a couple of tougher games coming up and we really need to win this one to compensate for maybe picking nothing up against hearts and sevco. If we defend like we did today we will have zero problems winning the game fairly easily.

As Ive just said on the Hibs game, a win in this one is really important. It means Raith cant overtake us when we play Rangers and Hearts and that we'd be, at worst, 3 points behind Hibs

Tbh Baird and Lyle were so ineffective as attackers, with Carmichael not far behind, that we were the equivalent of Levein's Forwardless Scotlandia v the Bouncing Czechs, imo.

Holty was our best forward by a country mile.

As for the Raith game, I am sorely tempted to stay in Embra and watch the telly, season ticket or no.

As we're at home surely we'll revert back to playing two up front, don't think I could watch another game with Baird as the loan striker.

Revert from when?

Not wanting to get back into the formation debate but I thought Lyle was playing a little deeper than Baird. Almost in the hole between midfield and striker.

Correct.

I thought we started with 2 up front but Lyle was pulled deeper when it became obvious Hibs were controlling the midfield.

I was actually surprised that we played essentially 4 attacking players in Carmichael, Lyle, Baird and Russell. Credit to Fowler for that in my view

Archived