Shouts at the Junior Football

RobRoyGuy

Beith had a centre half called Scott Findlay who's nickname was noodles .

He scored in a derby game and a fan roars without thinking ;

"That was great noodles, brilliant noodles , Fucking SUPER NOODLES!!!' :)

Johnstone Burgh under Geordie Walker ALWAYS had someone called Noodles in their team - and a Franny, Tammy and JoJo.

Three decades of him managing them & every time I saw them play he was always shouting some gibberish instruction at Noodles, Franny, Tammy and JoJo (usually along the lines of "shut them down!") all match long.

I became convinced rather than ever bother to learn the names of any of his squad, he simply kept a list of nicknames applicable to whatever shirt number players wore, rather like that scene in Reservoir Dogs:

"You are Noodles, you are Franny, you are Tammy, you are JoJo."

"Noodles? How Noodles? How come I'm no Franny when ma' name's Franny?"

"Coz you're the right winger of course - you f**kin' stupid or something?!"

I think I might know the guy you are talking about, younger fella kinda heavy set?

I love the banter at Juniors, one of the first Clydebank junior games I attended this swarthy/Italian looking lino was getting Just One Cornetto shouted/sung at him whenever he put his flag up.

One of the Roy games I went to last season, might have been the Clydebank one, wee Billy Thompson was having a right go at his keeper, couple of guys shout "oi language"

Billy turns round arms spread out as if to apologise and says "I'm f.uckin sorry!"

Class.

Yeah that's him , old assistant lino was getting a bit on saturday donnie , think he is about 70 .

Who would have thought that RRG would have been the instigator of this thread.

It's one of the reasons I love the junior game , the knock down dead remarks and patter you hear from the terracing and the characters

Well done RRG

Oh thanks , i think .

Heard a great shout at glens talbot game . Gormley came on as a sub as he was waiting too get on . This old guy shouts here's the submarine coming on . Followed by dive dive dive haha

That is a good one ! bet he did as well ha !

Away fi the juniors, best manager shouts av heard was Dick Campbell when a was @ Forfar shouted to our big striker Chris Templeman 'hoy Temps, get warmed up son yer coming aff' Also told Dale Hilson who had started the game well but fell out of it 'son yer like a half drank bottle of lucozade, yev lost aw yer fizz'. He loved a Rant and told oor captain 'New contract?? Am no fcukin blind son, al tell you what even when you do get me the sack al tell the next manager you deserve wan'.........

Sorry but get dick campbell aff this thread and the junior forum ffs

"he`s making a cnut o ye referee............" good yin boabs. always made me chuckle.

another.........................EeeeeAWW. If timed correctly.

shut the gate when you go back out....directed to a defender who has had the runaround or crossed the sideline trying to get near his opponent.

all just good fun nothing in it.

think rrg came up with this thread to take his mind off the fitba!

Willie Crowe was in goals for Lochore when they played Pollok in the scottish few years back, he had blond streaks through his hair at the time, all the Pollok fans started singing Rod Stewart songs behind his goals!!!! Classic.

Auld guvy wae the bell

Between that and "if in dought get it out"

Is the place where he stands known as the Bell End?

Anyway

I went to a Livingston Utd v Dunbar game a few years ago and a Livingston Utd sub started giving me and a mate abuse for being a bunch of trainspotters for watching Dunbar. I replied "Well, I may be a trainspotter but at least I'm not a Livingston United sub". The sub's teammate said "to be fair, he's got you there..."

The auld Cumbernauld supporter who runs up and down following the play; a player was receiving some prolonged treatment on the field and he was getting annoyed with the delay in him getting to his feet.

He shouts from the touchline "Whits wrang wi you son, are ye having an orgasm"?

The auld Cumbernauld supporter who runs up and down following the play; a player was receiving some prolonged treatment on the field and he was getting annoyed with the delay in him getting to his feet.

He shouts from the touchline "Whits wrang wi you son, are ye having an orgasm"?

I know the guy your talking about. He takes the nets down at the end of the games & uses a washing line stretcher post to get the nets down. Anyway one day at a cumbernauld / Cambuslang game as the game went into stoppage time with the scores level he was standing with the pole in hand when Cambuslang scored with the last kick of the game. He started stamping his feet , banging the post off the ground & waving his arms about while mouthing off all sorts of expletives. A Cambuslang fan shouted 'fk sake they've even got Morris dancers here today!'

There used 2 be an auld man who sat a few rows down from me at cappielow when we ground shared with morton in our senior days and we had Derek Ferguson as player/coach n he plays just like his Bro backwards or sideways and this everytime he made a pass the wee guy used 2 shout we've been here before we're shooting the other way this half. Was funny at the time ha

• 2 weeks later...

I remember at the end of a game at Cumnock many years ago when I was on the commitee and myself and a couple of others were collecting in some temporary signboards and we asked a man who was with the other team to either go into the clubhouse or leave the ground so we could finish tidying up things.

At that point he uttered the famous phrase " do you know who I am"

One of the wee guys that was with me lifting in the signs, as quick as a flash, shouted up to another guy at the clubhouse door, " phone for an ambulance, there's a Cnut doon here disnae ken who he is"

Classic

Archived