Shouts at the Junior Football

RobRoyGuy

Have to say over the years i have probably been to oft 500 or 600 junior football games and maybe around half that in senior or other grades.

The shouts at the junior football are far and away the funniest and most original sometimes worth the admission money alone. I myself like to shout a bit at the football nothing out of the ordinary.

Who at your club likes a rant rave and shout. Any good patter? Share it.

What got me thinking about this was an incident today at the Roy game. A lad i know who supports the Roy was doing his usual shouting, the thing is it's always the same thing mon the Roy. Couple of Pollok fans in front of us decided to have a pop at him saying give it a rest your boring, i mean come on it's a game of football your going to get shouting.

Whole thing just got me thinking about the characters over the years i have heard far more extreme than this Roy lad and have never been told to give it rest even though many will have felt like saying so.It's fitba deal with it.

I think I might know the guy you are talking about, younger fella kinda heavy set?

I love the banter at Juniors, one of the first Clydebank junior games I attended this swarthy/Italian looking lino was getting Just One Cornetto shouted/sung at him whenever he put his flag up.

One of the Roy games I went to last season, might have been the Clydebank one, wee Billy Thompson was having a right go at his keeper, couple of guys shout "oi language"

Billy turns round arms spread out as if to apologise and says "I'm f.uckin sorry!"

Class.

A linesman at one of our games was bein a cnut and had a very visible gold tooth and our manager at the time shouted "hiy, hiy lino" so he replied "hiy is for horses". One of our boys quipped " aye, and gold teeth are for cool c***s". Might no sound so good the now but wis a right guid laugh at the time.

Who would have thought that RRG would have been the instigator of this thread.

It's one of the reasons I love the junior game , the knock down dead remarks and patter you hear from the terracing and the characters

Well done RRG

Away fi the juniors, best manager shouts av heard was Dick Campbell when a was @ Forfar shouted to our big striker Chris Templeman 'hoy Temps, get warmed up son yer coming aff' Also told Dale Hilson who had started the game well but fell out of it 'son yer like a half drank bottle of lucozade, yev lost aw yer fizz'. He loved a Rant and told oor captain 'New contract?? Am no fcukin blind son, al tell you what even when you do get me the sack al tell the next manager you deserve wan'.........

Used to be a lot of gambling at the games when I was a kid.

10 bob back the Thistle, was the cry from the Gasworks Park terracings..

One of my earlier memories of watching the Rose was a Junior Cup game at Prestonfield between Linlithgow and Larkhall and I have a vivid recollection of someone yelling a tenner Larkhall almost incessantly, I can't remember the score, 0-0 or 1-0 Larkhall I think. But it was enlivened by Willie Temperley's infuriated old man hurling his pie and bovril at the linesman. There would have been some shouting to go with the meal that was offered but actions speak lower than words sometimes.

Years ago, Ladeside had a winger called Martin Walsh - smashing player, but he had a short fuse and collected lots of stupid yellow and red cards. At one home game he had just been booked for dissent when he got fouled yet again right in front of the shed and right in front of the assistant ref. When he didn't get the decision, he lost it and started yelling and gesticulating at the assistant. Everyone in the shed was screaming at him to shut up, but to no effect and a second yellow looked inevitable. Then a voice in the shed called out: "Martin, shut yer fucken mooth. You stick tae playin fitba, WE'LL gie this c*nt abuse!" The assistant (to his credit) burst out laughing as did Martin and everyone in the shed and a red card was avoided.

Several years ago, Meadow were playing Kilbirnie at meadow park. At that time Ladeside had a very talented young black player, who , like most young guys liked to keep abreast with the current hair styles, I.e. bleached blond. After a while one of the local wags gave him a shout; hey, son, you're prancing aboot there like a pint of Guiness. Quite funny at the time.

Beith had a left sided midfielder called john spence who had a wand of a left foot,

Down at talbot and john is taking a corner at the pavilion end and he's grew his hair for a considerable length of time.

An old talbot fan leans over the barrier and roars

"Hawl spence you've got a heid like a fireside rug"

:)

Couple of my own, at darvel one year and ref was big Davie kinghorn, I was giving him a bit of my mind and he turned round and yelled "al shut tae feck up you are doing my fecking heid in"

Who telt ye ye wur a fitba player, yer maw

Haw ref just gie yersel a rid caird

Mind giving wee geordie cool pelters for the full 90 minutes and instead of decking me at the end he actually shook my hand

At a game once I started to celebrate a goal as the ball dribbled past the post, geezer next to me said, premature gesticulation mate.

During a game, a Teammate of mine was having a ding dong battle with an opponent with very few teeth. They were nipping away at each other an ma teammate said "geez one of yer sweets", guy says "av no got sweets", teammate says "ma mistake it's just you've a mouthfae o gums"

Had me in stitches

The boy at Hurlford with the bell only has one shout:

"C'mon tae f**k Hurlford your lying down to this shiiiiiiiiiiiite"

This is shouted regardless of the score, Hurlford could be winning by any score to nil and you will still hear this shout.

Archived