Stadiums for Scotland Games

Scotland Stadiums  

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see Hampden redeveloped, does the SFA's not have a 150 year lease with the stadium?

Surprised we haven't played a match at Murrayfield though with Hampden being unavailable during the Commonwealth games.

Obviously doesn't count for everything, but through the TV, the atmosphere didn't sound any better than it usually does at Hampden.

Yeah, thought the same. The national anthem also sounded really subdued. Still, the feedback on here is that the atmosphere was great.

I'd prefer us to keep playing at Hampden. I'd trash both goal ends and build new stands close to the pitch continuing around from the main stand, improving the atmosphere, view and capacity to say 60,000.

Murrayfield. We must be the only footballing nation not to base their teams national home in their capital City. We can let those provincial cities get friendlies and lesser qualifying matches. But the important matches should be based in Edinburgh.

Murrayfield. We must be the only footballing nation not to base their teams national home in their capital City. We can let those provincial cities get friendlies and lesser qualifying matches. But the important matches should be based in Edinburgh.

Is football the No.1 sport in Edinburgh?

The SFA had the chance to totally redevelop Hampden and chose the cheap option . Would much rather they'd done a Wembley .

Enrico's right about pitch presentations though . As a St Johnstone fan and as great as the cup win was , i'd much rather have seen my team go up the steps at Hampden to recieve the trophy .

Murrayfield. :lol:

Egg chasing c***s can f**k right off.

I agree that the atmosphere at CP is better but Hampden will always hold a special place in my heart and I generally support it's retention for the reasons HJ outlined.

Yeah, thought the same. The national anthem also sounded really subdued. Still, the feedback on here is that the atmosphere was great.

I'd prefer us to keep playing at Hampden. I'd trash both goal ends and build new stands close to the pitch continuing around from the main stand, improving the atmosphere, view and capacity to say 60,000.

The ground was still quite empty at the anthems. Were huge gaps all around and didn't eventually fill up till about 15 minutes in.

The ground was still quite empty at the anthems. Were huge gaps all around and didn't eventually fill up till about 15 minutes in.

Any idea what the story was with the say 300 totally empty square block of seats in the North stand towards the Jock Stein stand, top of the lower tier?

Any idea what the story was with the say 300 totally empty square block of seats in the North stand towards the Jock Stein stand, top of the lower tier?

Large Queues outside to get in.

Large Queues outside to get in.

That doesn't explain a large, neat block of seats with literally noone sitting in them, the empty seats should be pretty evenly distributed. They were empty well into the game.

I'm no architect or mathematician but would that not actually reduce the capacity? Radius of a curve is longer than a straight line between the 2 same points. Even if you rebuilt the ends to the height of the South Stand giving a look rather like Murrayfield (3 big/1 smaller), I'd doubt it'd take you toward 60,000.

Anyway, any substantial redevelopment would need government support, and would they finance the loss of the oval?

Hampden allows them to host any future Commonwealth Games at a costs of 10s of millions, versus 100s of millions on a white elephant.

I'm no architect or mathematician but would that not actually reduce the capacity? Radius of a curve is longer than a straight line between the 2 same points. Even if you rebuilt the ends to the height of the South Stand giving a look rather like Murrayfield (3 big/1 smaller), I'd doubt it'd take you toward 60,000.

Not necessarily. Extending the upper tier of the South Stand round into the new "square" ends and have it overhang the lower tier would fit more seats into the space.

The other more radical option would be to effectively invert the current height change by demolishing the North Stand as well and building three 2-tiered stands taller than the South. But that's complete pie in the sky stuff.

Archived