Fighting at tonights game

HAFC1502

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not seen anything on this but in the opposite corner from the Irish fans there was a fight amongst Scottish and Irish fans midway through the second half. Police and stewards stood and watched.

Eventually stewards ran up and stood in-between it only for one Scottish fan to absolute crack the Irish guy (who was alone)and then about 10 more Scottish fans all laying into the Irish boy.

Absolute disgrace.

Weren't you the guy that suggested that you & one of your fellow Hamilton fans "meet for a chat in Inverness"?!

I was in Jock Stein upper, a guy got pushed down the stand causing me and a few others to go flying down a row. Some wee bairn was greeting and I got a few bruises(sob), but it was a bit of a shock. Expected to turn round and see the Ireland and Scotland fans fighting, but it was just a pished up Scotland fan pushing another trying to start a fight (or something). c**t got removed anyway.

There were as many Ireland fans as Scotland fans where I was standing but there was absolutely no trouble between them from what I could see.

I'm amazed with the difference in approach to policing and stewarding of club games at Celtic park as opposed to last night and what the tartan army get away with in general. Drunkards falling about, people getting carried in and out the ground, people openly drinking and dare I say actually standing at the football.

Go to the ground as an away supporter you're man marked by the polis, searched before you go in, watched like a hawk and heaven forbid you respond to the jolly craicsters in the home end aiming imaginary guns and blessing the away support.

Irish guys around us were good banter, shook out hands at full time, dancing and applauding the Scottish songs at full time etc. some guys were that fucked they were sleeping or standing trying to stay awake, each to their own but don't see the point in getting in such a state you don't know where you are.

There was some p***k near me who was supposedly Scottish but took umbridge to the fact I was booing that cretin McGeady.

"Ye dinny boo the English players playin' for Scotland di yi?"

Well no sir because none of them turned their back on MY country so I couldn't give a f**k. Telt him to shut the f**k up and have a chat at half time but he never appeared for the 2nd half must have been oot his dial.

There was a full bottle of Bucky in the toilets how on earth is that even happening?

Fantastic night though so proud of this team we were fantastic in every department.

Not seen anything on this but in the opposite corner from the Irish fans there was a fight amongst Scottish and Irish fans midway through the second half. Police and stewards stood and watched.

Eventually stewards ran up and stood in-between it only for one Scottish fan to absolute crack the Irish guy (who was alone)and then about 10 more Scottish fans all laying into the Irish boy.

Absolute disgrace.

Absolute disgrace.

It was scotland fans fighting among themselves I heard

The irony of some scotland fans is fantastic. Moan about ireland fans being in the scotland end yet will happily sit in the home end when scotland play away

Are there many folk actually moaning about Ireland fans being in the home end?

The irony of some scotland fans is fantastic. Moan about ireland fans being in the scotland end yet will happily sit in the home end when scotland play away

People are only moaning if the Irish guys have gotten offended for booing McGeady or whatever, most people are saying they had a good laugh with them and shook their hands etc. No seeing anyone moaning about them for no reason.

Look closely at both pics. Just a couple of rows above a spectacled gentleman has protectively wrapped his arms around the gent sat in front of him and appears to maintain the hug throughout the fighting :lol:

Why don't you have a think about why that might be?

Look closely at both pics. Just a couple of rows above a spectacled gentleman has protectively wrapped his arms around the gent sat in front of him and appears to maintain the hug throughout the fighting :lol:

Is that Stuart Cosgrove doing the comforting?

Archived