Scotland v England...

haggis pakora

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do big teams like England not command a fee for coming to play a friendly? That seems to me the most plausible reason for the tickets being more expensive than a much more important game v Ireland. I could be wrong though

Last night was what mattered. Would like to see boys like Johnny Russell and Stevie May getting some game time, dont think England are going to be taking this too seriously and everyone will be looking to avoid injuries.

The SFA are taking the piss with the prices and im not forking out for it.

Last night was what mattered. Would like to see boys like Johnny Russell and Stevie May getting some game time, dont think England are going to be taking this too seriously and everyone will be looking to avoid injuries.

The SFA are taking the piss with the prices and im not forking out for it.

I would like to see both get a chance see how they get on. I don't know how seriously the English will take this and possible their top players will give this a miss to avoid injury in what might be a meaningless friendly.

Probably go the same way as the Wembley game, in that we'll match them for 80 minutes then Hodgson will just fling every single striker he's got on the bench onto the pitch and blooter balls into the box in some warped version of percentage football

Martin just isn't good enough - I think he's like a striker version of Gary Caldwell. You could tell he has some degree of ability, but calamity always seems to be around the corner.

I might have picked it up wrong, but I thought I heard Strachan more or less rule Fletcher out of the England game. If he's not fit then I'd push Naismith up front and bring Morrison (if fit/well) or Dorrans into midfield.

Martin's a reasonable footballer but he's been really poor in the last two games off the bench, after looking decent against Nigeria. Strachan clearly likes him and people are writing him off too soon.

I didn't see anything from him even in the Nigeria game. That's why I found it so odd/contrived that after that match wgs labelled him as one of 'our three main strikers'

Strachan has been wrong about a few forwards before - Griffiths being one guy shown perhaps too much faith for the Belgium and Croatia games.

Wish we had a fast, goalscoring, strong striker that swept all the others out the way.

Archived