Hibernian supporters to launch a takeover bid

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is good news but as Hibs don't believe in not paying their debts they will have to turn it down.

On the share issue it's only good news if you have people willing to pay 2.5 million to own 51% of the club so not really as your main guys are a bunch of penniless methadone chasing scroungers.

The absolute bitter tone of your post has indeed confirmed it as good news.

greggy.png

A few questions, I'm not trolling I just don't have a clue!

Does this mean Hibs are Valued at £5m or so? Surely the training ground and stadium are worth far more? Unless they are being held seperate from the bit the fans are buying into?

Do Hibs fans think they are missing a trick not having a monthly DD type scheme? They'll get a one off boost from this rather than a steady income like the FoH. Maybe they plan to launch this in the future, what would be Hibs fans thoughts on this?

Anyway, this Armageddon doesn't seem so bad!

Does this mean Hibs are Valued at £5m or so? Surely the training ground and stadium are worth far more? Unless they are being held seperate from the bit the fans are buying into?

Do Hibs fans think they are missing a trick not having a monthly DD type scheme? They'll get a one off boost from this rather than a steady income like the FoH. Maybe they plan to launch this in the future, what would be Hibs fans thoughts on this?

*amateurish Hobonomics analysis of the situation based on one press release incoming*

There's two things mentioned in the statement that you've asked about there, the value and the ownership of ER and EM. The entity which people are being asked to buy shares in own the stadium and training centre according to the statement, so there's no indication of them being seperate.

As for the valuation, it doesn't appear to be a reach this target and buy Farmer out or the whole thing fails scenario. "Up to" £2.5m new shares are available, with the current ownership's stake being diluted as fans put money into the club.

Seems like Farmer is backing away and making sure the club is returned to the community in good health as he's always promised he would. Not a completely selfless act in that he's a guarantor type figure on a lot of the debt and if it became unsustainable, he loses out. The money he's used to settle the bank debt doesn't seem like a total gift either, the club will pay him back by the sound of it.

Still suits us though.

Read somewhere the stadium and training facility etc were valued at £25m

*amateurish Hobonomics analysis of the situation based on one press release incoming*

There's two things mentioned in the statement that you've asked about there, the value and the ownership of ER and EM. The entity which people are being asked to buy shares in own the stadium and training centre according to the statement, so there's no indication of them being seperate.

As for the valuation, it doesn't appear to be a reach this target and buy Farmer out or the whole thing fails scenario. "Up to" £2.5m new shares are available, with the current ownership's stake being diluted as fans put money into the club.

Seems like Farmer is backing away and making sure the club is returned to the community in good health as he's always promised he would. Not a completely selfless act in that he's a guarantor type figure on a lot of the debt and if it became unsustainable, he loses out. The money he's used to settle the bank debt doesn't seem like a total gift either, the club will pay him back by the sound of it.

Still suits us though.

All sounds pretty positive.

Haven't really looked at the ins and outs of it but on paper it certainly sounds like good news for Hibs. A long term chance to take control of their club with the continuing stability of Farmer in the shorter term.

Will be interesting to see the level of desire from the general fanbase once the shares are up for grabs.

What's the difference between this and a bog standard share issue?

I'm not doubting this is a positive news for the club, reducing the debt, but will the same old faces not still have the largest percentage and have the control, despite this being sold as some sort of fan control?

What's the difference between this and a bog standard share issue?

I'm not doubting this is a positive news for the club, reducing the debt, but will the same old faces not still have the largest percentage and have the control, despite this being sold as some sort of fan control?

I'm going to buy 1.0000000001% of the club and vote for whatever the Tash wants.

The best 50K I'll ever spend.

seems good news but, as someone else pointed out, how is this going to mean ordinary fans own 51% of the club. Surely some big money man could come in and buy the lot (if one exists). Maybe there are limits in place to ensure that one person, or small group, can buy all the shares?

Archived