Bo'ness United v Arbroath

Jambo'ness

I walked into the bar of a pub on Paisley Road West wearing a suit. I was meant to go to the lounge. I got a look that near froze me to the spot and managed "wrong door" before backing out. The barman got shot and the pub torched shortly after. The Newtown Bar is still standing and the few occasions I was in it way back in the day I walked out no bother without feeling the need to reverse.

I'd still go to Fisons though!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondering as our board as such is actually a committee do we have a representative from the fans on the committee and if not maybe this is something that should be approached at an agm and so should we not also approach the subject of making a supporters club ie TASC officially affiliated to the club have a representative on the committee? just putting out there

The Club has run buses where there has been an obvious demand that makes it viable. On these occasions the Club has approached TASC to advise of the intention and to offer the opportunity that they could oversee all of the respective buses for that particular match and charge what they feel to be appropriate. TASC have appreciated the approaches but declined the offers and chosen to only oversee their own bus. The Club has therefore faced the dilemma of doing nothing and then facing crtiticism for it, charging the same amount as TASC and then face criticism that the price is too high and that the Club are taking advantage of the fans with the situation or to charge a lower price whereby it is appreciated that only a small profit, a break even or even small loss might be made. The Club has considered option 3 to be the best with a view to helping to get as many fans as possible to these games where there is a demand. The Club also appreciates the various commitments that people have on match days such that the buses leave at a reasonable time before kick off in consideration of those travelling.

Just wondering as our board as such is actually a committee do we have a representative from the fans on the committee and if not maybe this is something that should be approached at an agm and so should we not also approach the subject of making a supporters club ie TASC officially affiliated to the club have a representative on the committee? just putting out there

AFC became a limited company a number of years ago. The existing Committee became directors at that time.

There have been a few changes since, but as far as I'm aware, any shareholder can stand for election as a director, and the current directors are all fans anyway.

I don't intend to get involved in the bus discussion, but generally, I feel that the directors do an excellent job.

The Club has run buses where there has been an obvious demand that makes it viable. On these occasions the Club has approached TASC to advise of the intention and to offer the opportunity that they could oversee all of the respective buses for that particular match and charge what they feel to be appropriate. TASC have appreciated the approaches but declined the offers and chosen to only oversee their own bus. The Club has therefore faced the dilemma of doing nothing and then facing crtiticism for it, charging the same amount as TASC and then face criticism that the price is too high and that the Club are taking advantage of the fans with the situation or to charge a lower price whereby it is appreciated that only a small profit, a break even or even small loss might be made. The Club has considered option 3 to be the best with a view to helping to get as many fans as possible to these games where there is a demand. The Club also appreciates the various commitments that people have on match days such that the buses leave at a reasonable time before kick off in consideration

of those travelling.

Well said. :)

AFC became a limited company a number of years ago. The existing Committee became directors at that time.

There have been a few changes since, but as far as I'm aware, any shareholder can stand for election as a director, and the current directors are all fans anyway.

I don't intend to get involved in the bus discussion, but generally, I feel that the directors do an excellent job.

I was not criticising board only asking if fans had a representative on it always think it's a great idea to get a direct prospective from the terraces to gauge the opinions and views of your customers aa such.

The Club has run buses where there has been an obvious demand that makes it viable. On these occasions the Club has approached TASC to advise of the intention and to offer the opportunity that they could oversee all of the respective buses for that particular match and charge what they feel to be appropriate. TASC have appreciated the approaches but declined the offers and chosen to only oversee their own bus. The Club has therefore faced the dilemma of doing nothing and then facing crtiticism for it, charging the same amount as TASC and then face criticism that the price is too high and that the Club are taking advantage of the fans with the situation or to charge a lower price whereby it is appreciated that only a small profit, a break even or even small loss might be made. The Club has considered option 3 to be the best with a view to helping to get as many fans as possible to these games where there is a demand. The Club also appreciates the various commitments that people have on match days such that the buses leave at a reasonable time before kick off in consideration of those travelling.

If the club make any profit from these buses perhaps a gesture of donating it to TASC to help with their future costs would improve relations between the two.

Will segregation be in force?

They never segregated for the Elgin match but have done in recent years in the Senior Cup, and also every time we play Linlithgow and Auchinleck for example. Also, they segregated a Junior Cup tie against Bonnyrigg last season but I don't think they'll bother for this one. If the last round tie passed without incident I don't see why this one wouldn't too.

No need we're a good bunch

Good stuff. Has to be said though that it's not normally the visiting fans that there is an occasional problem with at Bo'ness matches, but the behaviour of our idiotic element. There have been great strides made in recent years though in that regard so hopefully the game will pass bother free.

Looking forward to my trip again to Bo'ness for this game.

Thought after quiting playing and then quiting the dugout at St Andrews I would not be back for a while.

However the old man is an AFC season ticket holder so will drive him through.

Looking forward to seeing young Simon Murray and Mark Whately, who I tipped for greater things when they signed playing for the Lichties.

Both ex Tayport so another link there.

Cant wait to see how the Bookies price this. Expect to see at least 5/1 Bo'ness which will be tempting

Cant wait to see how the Bookies price this. Expect to see at least 5/1 Bo'ness which will be tempting

I wouldn't have Bo'ness any bigger than 11/4 at home to another part time team. They're never 5/1 shots in my book. If we'd drawn Arbroath I'd be confident of a result and I think they will be too.

Looking forward to my trip again to Bo'ness for this game.

Thought after quiting playing and then quiting the dugout at St Andrews I would not be back for a while.

However the old man is an AFC season ticket holder so will drive him through.

Looking forward to seeing young Simon Murray and Mark Whately, who I tipped for greater things when they signed playing for the Lichties.

Both ex Tayport so another link there.

You a right back?

Archived