Livi v Sons

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of an injury crisis for Livingston. McGlynn says they have only one fit defender, but hopes that will improve by Sat. White doubtful too.

Things keep getting better for us...

If it's Sives (or maybe that's why he wasn't playing) then we really are in the shit. Mensing was injured but not seriously, Gallagher suspended, didn't see Dycey with any problem injury wise. Nor Talbot for that matter, and Kyle isn't a defender but is playing as one.

Tbh injuries may force McGlynn to play guys that should be getting a shot anyway, White hasn't scored for about 9 games so how big a miss would he be, Stick Mullen and Hippo (please not Burchill or Ogleby) up front.

I've been wanting a change up front so this could be good, same in defence with Moffat and Rutherford deserving a chance, can stick Talbot and either Sives or Dycey in at CB. Don't actually see how this would make us any worse.

Livingston will not:

Use wingers

Pass the ball on the ground beyond the first third

Shoot from more than 6 yards before the 90th minute

Take a set-piece which beats the first man

Score any goals

Play well.

O'Brien will lose the ball a lot, Sives and Fordyce will make loads of hospital passes in their own penalty box, Talbot will kick everyone, Jamieson will punt the ball off the park instead of playing it to a Livi player at least 5 times, White will have loads of long balls knocked up to him, but couldn't control a granny in a coma. Hippolyte will come in with 20 minutes to go and play as a holding midfielder instead of a number 9.

I also think Dumbarton will be pretty shite too, but they enjoy scoring late goals against us. 1-0 Dumbarton, Kane to score an 88th minute winner, Livi fans to be seething. McGlynn will say something about not having a all his best players available and that we're still a good team who are working hard.

Livingston will not:

Use wingers

Score any goals

Play well.

O'Brien will lose the ball a lot, Sives and Fordyce will make loads of hospital passes in their own penalty box, Talbot will kick everyone, Jamieson will punt the ball off the park instead of playing it to a Livi player at least 5 times, White will have loads of long balls knocked up to him, but couldn't control a granny in a coma. Hippolyte will come in with 20 minutes to go and play as a holding midfielder instead of a number 9.

I also think Dumbarton will be pretty shite too, but they enjoy scoring late goals against us. 1-0 Dumbarton, Kane to score an 88th minute winner, Livi fans to be seething. McGlynn will say something about not having a all his best players available and that we're still a good team who are working hard.

Here's hoping

I just hope for a sensible team selection for this to be honest! Seemed wild when I seen the team on the twitter feed last week. I just hope we play players in their best positions. A few changes would be quite nice I think. If we have everyone fit then Kirky and CT in the middle. If not, then Garry should drop back in and hopefully play like he did vs Rangers. I actually think Nish has been getting better every week. Get him back in with Kane or Campbell. I'm not Campbell's biggest fan, but don't see many other option at the moment! Would also like to see DVZ back in at right back.

Would be nice to start picking up some points again.

Livingston will not:

Use wingers

Score any goals

Play well.

You missed out Jamieson fumbling the ball a few times and Kyle scoring an og.

so how's he still part of your team?

We've been asking the same question for a while.

Lol.

I used to like him getting up the wing but his crosses are pretty pish now and his defending is chronic. At Alloa he was being left for dead as much as Mensing is when he's playing. Prob his last season for us as he's getting worse with each season and the likes of Rutherford should be getting a chance now.

The way Livi fans are going on here I fully expect Sons to get beaten on Saturday.

Think that's what happened last time we played but it was you lot expecting to get beat. FWIW we've been expecting to lose for the past few weeks and have done exactly that, so I don't think you've anything to worry about.

Will go to this only because I've already paid for my season ticket. Would like to see a few changes to the team (not just one player e.g. Ogleby in for Mullen), been saying it for a few weeks but would like to see Beaumont/Praprotnik given a go along with Moffat and/or Rutherford (preferably leaving Talbot on the bench instead of shifting him to CB). Giving some young players a chance to prove they're good enough surely can't be any worse than playing almost the same 11 every week, can it?

Can't see where our next goal is coming from never mind our next win, so because of that I'll go for a boring 0-0, or an equally boring 1-0 away win.

Lol.

I used to like him getting up the wing but his crosses are pretty pish now and his defending is chronic. At Alloa he was being left for dead as much as Mensing is when he's playing. Prob his last season for us as he's getting worse with each season and the likes of Rutherford should be getting a chance now.

He's been better when played at centre half from what I've seen but he's still murder, not worth the one half decent cross/corner a match he musters. He's still better than Sives and head and shoulders above McKenna. I know McKenna plays a totally different position but he has to be the most frustrating player to watch.

He's been better when played at centre half from what I've seen but he's still murder, not worth the one half decent cross/corner a match he musters. He's still better than Sives and head and shoulders above McKenna. I know McKenna plays a totally different position but he has to be the most frustrating player to watch.

Would agree with that, had high hopes for McKenna when I first saw him but he's not progressed at all and can't get past the first man to go on a run and get defences on the back foot.

Fixed that for you

Talbot is the panto villain just now so why not, but I think Kyles had two og's this season (was almost three) and Talbot just the one..

Archived