Livi v Sons

Just to make those travelling aware we are due to be enforcing the concession and U16 rules again for this match:

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20141107_1.php

Not sure what they mean by "recent abuses" but I suppose it's not hard to guess.

Would hate to see people caught out and charged the higher rate because they'd failed to carry the correct ID.

Do concessions cover students as well?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a must win game for us, make no mistake. I can't see how we will though, seeing as our goals have dried up quicker than an auld hoors heart, and we will concede at least one, especially if Kane is playing.

Will take any type of win right now.

Leave my mother out of this.

Do concessions cover students as well?

I believe so; I think it also covers school kids older that 15 as well but they need to demonstrate that they are in full-time education. Certainly that's the case with the season tickets but believe that covers pay at the gate as well.

I'm 99% certain that's still the case but things could have changed following some disturbances experienced during the rangers and Hibs matches recently. If in doubt give the stadium a call.on 01506 417000.

I believe so; I think it also covers school kids older that 15 as well but they need to demonstrate that they are in full-time education. Certainly that's the case with the season tickets but believe that covers pay at the gate as well.

I'm 99% certain that's still the case but things could have changed following some disturbances experienced during the rangers and Hibs matches recently. If in doubt give the stadium a call.on 01506 417000.

Cheers for that!

"disturbances experienced during the Rangers and Hibs matches"

Have the wee band of Livi Ultras been naughty? We'll maybe need to bring the Dinky/Myre** through on Saturday then. :o:o

**local Dumbartonian neds, big in the 60's & 70's and once, sworn enemies, could now probably muster a dozen or so between themselves*

"disturbances experienced during the Rangers and Hibs matches"

Have the wee band of Livi Ultras been naughty? We'll maybe need to bring the Dinky/Myre** through on Saturday then. :o:o

**local Dumbartonian neds, big in the 60's & 70's and once, sworn enemies, could now probably muster a dozen or so between themselves*

Not really; there was an issue following the Stranraer cup game when a bottle was thrown etc. but I believe the offenders were tracked down and "interviewed". The rangers and Hibs matches involved other incidents wholely located within the away support including fighting with the police and use of flares; this has gone to increase collectively the cost of policing and stewards.

Don't expect anything similar to happen with the sons; we've always been well treated on our visits to Dumbarton (scorelines excepted) and the supporters I've met have always been a pretty sound bunch.

Oh and I remember only too well what it was like going to football matches in the 70's (much though I miss the terraces) and I don't think any club in Scotland is close to ever returning to that.

How would I go about doing that? Would bringing my Geography jotter or school tie suffice?

Not really; there was an issue following the Stranraer cup game when a bottle was thrown etc. but I believe the offenders were tracked down and "interviewed". The rangers and Hibs matches involved other incidents wholely located within the away support including fighting with the police and use of flares; this has gone to increase collectively the cost of policing and stewards.

Don't expect anything similar to happen with the sons; we've always been well treated on our visits to Dumbarton (scorelines excepted) and the supporters I've met have always been a pretty sound bunch.

Oh and I remember only too well what it was like going to football matches in the 70's (much though I miss the terraces) and I don't think any club in Scotland is close to ever returning to that.

If we move to a new stadium, there are plans to have small terracing areas behind the goals

How would I go about doing that? Would bringing my Geography jotter or school tie suffice?

Most schools in Livingston (or West Lothian?) issue their own version of a discount card with photo ID. this allows them access to the cashless canteen services but gives discounts at certain stores around the town.

It may be that the stadium will accept other forms of photo ID to prove that the holder is under 18 e.g. Young Scot card etc. but you'll have to check with the stadium. My kids are all season ticket holders so I sorted that out at the beginning of the season.

If we move to a new stadium, there are plans to have small terracing areas behind the goals

That would be a good move in my book. Safe standing areas must be a lot better than trying to stand in areas designed for seating

Unfortunately a lot of the standing areas of clubs that I've been to recently haven't been properly maintained e.g. Morton's crumbling terrace or are all on one flat level (pitch side) which isn't really a terrace.

Most schools in Livingston (or West Lothian?) issue their own version of a discount card with photo ID. this allows them access to the cashless canteen services but gives discounts at certain stores around the town.

It may be that the stadium will accept other forms of photo ID to prove that the holder is under 18 e.g. Young Scot card etc. but you'll have to check with the stadium. My kids are all season ticket holders so I sorted that out at the beginning of the season.

That's a pretty good idea, damn East Dunbartonshire Council. Stingy, expense grabbing (allegedly), miserable baskets.

Aye they do but I'm 17. I could've left school and got a job so it wouldn't prove I'm still in education!

I had the same problem before I left school, but I could just shave and I'd look about 13 so I would usually just get away with walking through the concession gate.

I had the same problem before I left school, but I could just shave and I'd look about 13 so I would usually just get away with walking through the concession gate.

Think I'll probably just chance it. I look pretty young anyway (if I do say so myself)

Archived