Whittlets search for new manager?

im1988

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If true then I'm not surprised. Last few months it's looked like the boys had stopped playing for him tbh.

We have a quality squad and should be up near the top, but no win in last 4 games means we'll struggle to get promoted for another year in the ADL.

Whitletts Victoria have begun the search for a new manager after Steph McMillan left the Club on Saturday night by mutual consent following Vics 3-1 defeat at league leaders Darvel.

Chairman John Dalton thanked Steph for the job he has done with the Dam Park side over the past 2 years but said that both parties had agreed that it was in the best interests of the Club if they were to go their separate ways.

“Steph took on the job at Whitletts at a very difficult time for the Club and led us to a fantastic season last season reaching the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup and narrowly missing out on promotion” said John.

“However this season it has been more difficult for Steph who has worked without an assistant following Jonny Baillie’s departure to Troon earlier this season and with having recently started a new job, the increasing demands on his time have made it very difficult for him to effectively undertake the managers’ role at the Club.”

“His own job must come first. That is the bread and butter for him and his family and I fully appreciate the position he is in and I hope that he will be able to find a position back in the game in the near future and wish him every success wherever that future lies.”

“But we must look after the interests of Whitletts Victoria. We are in the process of building a strong base off the park and we have a talented squad of players who have the ability to turn our season around but we need a management team who have the knowledge, commitment and time to take this club forward.”

Anyone interested in the position should contact Club Secretary Mark Porter on 07501 614779 or e-mail their details along with a CV to him at mark.porter31@btinternet.com

Really dunno right now KR but someone with good coaching experience and who can motivate these players we've got. That's all they need IMO a bit of belief and motivation.

We are a very good run club now with good players. All we need is the right man in charge tbh to take us to the next level.

Always sad when someone loses their job, but hopefully we can get the right person in charge and get a decent run going. I still think if we can get an unbeaten run going, we can still get promoted. As AV says, everythings in place off the park, so its a decent opportunity for somebody

No disrespect to George Grierson but I wouldn't like to see him at the Vics.

I'd like to see Carlo Walker here tbh. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's done wonders with Lugar and he's a local lad and I'm sure with his experience he could get the players going.

Carlo would be a good shout for this job!

Yep I'd like to see Carlo too lebole. Your own manager too would be a good shout as well very good coach and stays locally as well and very good connections with Ayr Utd like ourselves. Don't think he'd want to take the step down to ADL however.

That's what Vics need tho somebody who will motivate the players and get them playing. Steph was far to aggressive tbh although he's a smashing lad his management style was a bit too hasty at times.

Must be in the frame. Applied for the Cumnock job but was a bit miffed they didn't even reply to his application. I'm sure he would at least get a reply to this one.

Yep Carlo would be ideal for Whitletts. Not surprised he didn't get recognized for the Nock job tho but a simple reply saying NO should have been given.

As far as I know Cumnock never advertised the post and at no time did they encourage applications. Maybe I'm wide of the mark, but I don't think Carlo "applied" as has been suggested. If Carlo put his hat in the ring by letting it be known he was interested he is fully entitled to do so, but this doesn't mean he "applied".

Archived