Darvel

Darvel legend

defo Kilwinning and Winton to go up, what order they finish in still undecided, Darvel will have to bolster defence for next season if they are to challenge, they have a good enough midfield and ok up front but against better teams they are poor at the back

How many times have you seen Darvel this season! Against the better teams for one reason or another they have struggled at the back,midfield and up front so maybe a full new team required. Or maybe you could get a start every week, just tell Scott how good you are.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

defo Kilwinning and Winton to go up, what order they finish in still undecided, Darvel will have to bolster defence for next season if they are to challenge, they have a good enough midfield and ok up front but against better teams they are poor at the back

you should have a look at the league table and compare how many teams have conceded less goals than Darvel to how many teams have scored more goals than Darvel, going by that I think your opinion of the defence compared to the rest of the team might be a bit harsh

Sorry, It was Annbank I believe you were playing against and not Kilwinning or Winton, where does the 2 best strikers come from, if they were then they would not be at Annbank (no dis-respect to Annbank), against decent strikers in the 2 teams mentioned you have shipped goals for fun. As for setting targets every club should have ambition to get out of the ADL as there is no relegation, what you are saying here is that the manager is happy with a top half finish, not very ambitious at all.

It does not take money to get out of this league as Ardeer & Irvine proved last season in a league that had big spenders Winton and Whitletts, what both had though was solid defences, decent midfield and good strikers, you have 2 out of 3 at the moment, that is all I am saying

Before you post look at the league tables and do the maths in fact I'll do it for you as you obviously can't ! Only three teams have conceded less goals and seven have scored more than Darvel, so your either simple or a shit stirrer, I recon both

These are facts not an opinion

Darvel 2

Craigmark 0

Scorers Ryan,vernon.

Another good 3 points for darvel with another clean sheet.

A game where darvel were probably less patient than they should have been,missed a couple of chances in the first half, but nevertheless tucked two away.

Edgy in the second half but I must give huge credit to everyone at craigmark for their effort, gave everything they had, never stopped running and encouraging all game.

Mom imo Alan moodie

Was at game today over far side, agree the boy mood had a good game but in previous weeks has been played out of position, typical hard game after a team has been thrashed, but go back to what I said before, the teams that have conceded less are above Darvel, does that not tell a story, concede less, you challange

Maybe you would have a bit more credibility if you kept up to date with what was happening in this league, Against two of the best strikers in the league the defence had a clean sheet last week away to Annbank. I read an article at the beginning of the season and the club are on course to reach the target the manager set ,

Maybe you would have a bit more credibility if you kept up to date with what was happening in this league, Against two of the best strikers in the league the defence had a clean sheet last week away to Annbank. I read an article at the beginning of the season and the club are on course to reach the target the manager set ,

Darvel 5

Girvan 1

Scorers vernon 2 Johnson 1 kirkwood 1 gilmour1

Again good 3 points for darvel,can consider themselves a bit fortunate to go in at the break one up, due to a couple of poor finishes from girvan.

Second half began with a couple of quick goals for darvel which totally settled us down,from then on midfield dominated, defence looked solid and vernon up front was a thorn in girvan side all game.

• 2 weeks later...

It was not just the defence there is a guy in midfield who runs about like a headless chicken if he took his hair out of his eyes he might be able to see what is happening around him darvel management team have done really well to get them to where we are compared to two years ago maybe we forget this unfortunately fans do darvel got what was coming to them yesterday they have been lucky against the so called no disrespect to the weeker teams in the league in defence there are players not good enough to be playing junior football one who has been played at both fullback positions the only positive to come out of yesterday was the appearance of Henderson for the last ten minutes who has had a terrible season with injuries who imo has been badley missed in the midfield

Archived