Darvel

Darvel legend

great game with 2 good teams team today in horrible conditions but darvel are a very good hard working team and will be difficult to knock of their perch , watched junior football for a while and it's a long time since I have seen such togetherness with all the squad , well done paddy and his team , long may it continue ????

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes terrible conditions and the park cut up a bit today cause of the weather but it was the same for both teams.

Darvel deserved it and will take a big lift after there opening 6 matches.

The boy Murray Johnston is a good player for Darvel, very silky.

You should see him when he's sober.

Yes terrible conditions and the park cut up a bit today cause of the weather but it was the same for both teams.

Darvel deserved it and will take a big lift after there opening 6 matches.

The boy Murray Johnston is a good player for Darvel, very silky.

Good player and as daft as a brush, must be the auchihinleck bit in him haha, well done paddy and his team keep it up.

If Darvel want to be there at the end of season they need to play for 90 min two quick goals finished them they competed in the first half but in the second half they didn't turn up a few of them either lacked fitness or fight if its fitness it can be improved if its fight we'll have to wait and see, lots of points to play for best of luck to them Oh and not an excuse but ref was shite!!

Thought you were very lucky yesterday and as far your tactics .... long ball... shite to watch

I would not suggest we were lucky, first half you were the better team, never took advantage. Second half we were by far the better team and should have scored a few more. I think you will find that Darvel lumped the ball from back to front most of the time. Buffs tried at times to play football, however the cow field prevented it at times. At the end of the day it's the 3pts that matters, the ref was bad for both teams at times. Your complaining at every wee thing did not help matters, it's was embarrassing at times. Overall sour grapes comes to mind.

I cant imagine it is anything to do with fitness saw the west game a few weeks back and Darvel kept going and going as they have a lot of young players

If its fight that'll be a problem as lots of tough games to play

7 or 8 weeks in and the first defeat handed out to Darvel was by the league favourites. Its ridiculous that after this game,posters can come on here and say "watch yhem slip away"...... on the contrary,Darvel will build on their performances so far and will be there challenging at the end of the season. 40/1 at the beginning of the season now down to 4/1.

Respect to Darvel, they've got a very good young team, solid at the back with two good CBs and hard working strikers up front, they won't be far away come the end of the season.

As for Buffs, onwards and upwards for us. Wasn't our best game, we like to get the ball down to Dean Agnew and Ben Lewis, but the pitch made that impossible yesterday, so had to scrap for the 3 points. Great to see Bryan Boylan looking sharp on his return.

Good luck to Darvel for the rest of the season, should be a cracking return fixture at Abbey Park.

Respect to Darvel, they've got a very good young team, solid at the back with two good CBs and hard working strikers up front, they won't be far away come the end of the season.

As for Buffs, onwards and upwards for us. Wasn't our best game, we like to get the ball down to Dean Agnew and Ben Lewis, but the pitch made that impossible yesterday, so had to scrap for the 3 points. Great to see Bryan Boylan looking sharp on his return.

Good luck to Darvel for the rest of the season, should be a cracking return fixture at Abbey Park.

I would prefer that Darvel stayed under the radar like for example lugar who are now sitting second , but yours is a good post so I thought I would reply. The park got a right beating last week against whitletts and we worked hard all week and from day-break on Saturday just to get the game on. I thought it was a good game to watch and I think both clubs will be vey happy with the progress they are making this season as our respective ambitions are poles apart.

Archived