Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck Talbot

.Stuart.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As already said on the Talbot forum I am absolutely over the moon with todays result.

I thought we played them of the park and at points of the match they just couldn't compete.

Highlight of the game?

Campbell's goals?

The Butch height level goal?

Big Gees clinical penalty goal?

No the best highlight was the sight and sound of the lonely drummer beating his wee drum half heartedly as he departed the park with at least 10 mins still to play :)

AWAE THE BOT!!!

Talbot by far the better team. We never turned up. We knew about Campbell in the air but didn't defend against it. Absolutely gutted. Talbot deserved winners and big favourites for Cup now. Can't see past them. Hope we can make changes for rest of league season and give guys like Sawyers, McLennan, McParland a shot from start next week whoever we play.

Massive crowd and big occasion but we didn't turn up. Hope Talbot focus on Cup and drop points in the league as now our best shot at silverware.

I thought Talbot where simply awesome today Meadow are a good team but where completely out played by Talbot in every area of the park big crowd today witnessed an Auchinleck team at their best, Talbot will take some stopping if they can play like this on a regular basis.

Having saw both teams in consecutive weeks recently, the thing that impressed me most was Talbots relentless pressing when they don't have possession. They simply don't allow other teams to get into their stride. They are also very direct and get the ball forward quickly. Having said that I thought Meadow might have got a result today given how well their defence have stood up this season. They're not the greatest to watch but have a system that works for them. I guess the Talbot pressure just proved too much for them today. I still think Meadow could win the league without beating Talbot depending on their reaction to today's comprehensive beating.

Thoroughly enjoyed todays game, hard to see how Meadow are top of the league on todays performance, mind you Talbot were very strong and just didnt allow Meadow to get into the game at all.

First 15 minutes was very flat and the crowd were very muted, after that Talbot just got better and stronger the more the game went.

Good crowd.

Somebody said to the wee boy with the drum on the way out, " aye you're not playing now !", " naw " he said " ma hands are sair ! " very good son lol.

We have had quite a good set of fixtures to start with as no Hurlford, Talbot or Glens all who would be tough home and away. Hope we can pick ourselves up and few wee changes for next week and we can get going again, v Arthurlie I believe!?

Archived