Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck Talbot

.Stuart.

Couldn't and wouldn't say whose gonny win this tie as I've not seen any of you play since that year we came up agst you both and lost in the semi on pens and both of you will have changed in personnel since then and only take the time to watch for your scores if I've got a junior coupon on,getting drawn agst each other at this stage means losing one of the favourites which IMO augurs well for the rest of us and folk in the east will look at Kelty-Bo'ness tie with the same view,both games should be crackers.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a game this will be. Meadow grinding out results without playing particularly great. Talbot have lost a few already. Talbot are a totally different team in the Scottish and although I do believe meadow are a much improved side that could go onto win the league, on a one off in the Scottish I have to favour talbot. What's the rumours about this game being switched to a Sunday?? Are they only rumours or can this actually be done? Both clubs would benefit from this if it happened as I think u would see 2000+ in attendance if it was switched.

I look with interest in this thread, plenty of people with perfectly fair and reasonable opinion on this tie. It is interesting that Talbot are, it would appear, more unpopular than Meadow. I take that as a compliment and suggest the depreciation is born out of envy, the day this stops is the day I worry. Almost too close to call this tie. Form would suggest Meadow, but we all know that Talbot can and have consistently turned the corner on big Scottish ties, I fancy Talbot to go through but it could take two games!

I look with interest in this thread, plenty of people with perfectly fair and reasonable opinion on this tie. It is interesting that Talbot are, it would appear, more unpopular than Meadow. I take that as a compliment and suggest the depreciation is born out of envy, the day this stops is the day I worry. Almost too close to call this tie. Form would suggest Meadow, but we all know that Talbot can and have consistently turned the corner on big Scottish ties, I fancy Talbot to go through but it could take two games!

WTF you on about me old mucker with "depreciation" It just don't make sense, but then again, having stood next or nearby to you for nearly 25 years nothing surprises me the noo!

I don't quite understand where all this talbot in turmoil stuff I'm hearing comes from , if come May or June and there's no silverware been won then that'll have been a bad season , but it's November talbot have the best manager in the junior game and are still the team to beat , I'm sure medda and rankin would class this as the toughest draw they could have got either home or away.

• 2 weeks later...

Think it's time this was back on line again.

Both sides seem to be looking potential Super League champions with 13 wins out of the 14 they've played so far this season.

Think it might take a replay to determine who goes through.

Good wins for both teams this afternoon. Medda scoring 6 against Shotts.

Talbot winning 0-2 at Glenafton probably their best result of the season so far.

Fancied a draw since the draw was made. The team who picks up the least amount of injuries, & suspensions will progress to the next round.

Good wins for both teams this afternoon. Medda scoring 6 against Shotts.

Talbot winning 0-2 at Glenafton probably their best result of the season so far.

Fancied a draw since the draw was made. The team who picks up the least amount of injuries, & suspensions will progress to the next round.

I may be wrong here but I have a sneaky feeling it will be the team that scores the most goals that will progress to the next round Larky. :rolleyes:

WTF you on about me old mucker with "depreciation" It just don't make sense, but then again, having stood next or nearby to you for nearly 25 years nothing surprises me the noo!

Should read deprecation Welshman, this predictable type is quite annoying!

Archived