Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck Talbot

.Stuart.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with above. Both teams would have hoped to avoid each other until much later in the competition but what a game to look forward to.

I'm pleased we got a home draw at least and will be a different atmosphere at Medda Park to the normal league games.

Sure to attract a big crowd, hope the game lives up to it's "tie of the round" billing.

Phone has never stopped with people talking bout this tie, haven't had a chance to look at other ties but I'm sure there can't be any bigger than this, hurlford and the giants from the east will be glad to see one of these teams going out rather than face them, hope they change the game to Sunday so that they have loads of neutrals at the game, my opinion of the result would be for meadow to win by the odd goal, form going into the game doesn't count it's all down to who performs well on the day, hope its a good tie and not spoiled by a referee wanting to make a name for himself

Long as we get the same result as the last time we met I'll be happy.

Meadow must be favourites with being at home and Talbot's recent run of indifferent form but that'll suit us down to the ground. Everyone will be looking forward to this one, and don't forget we won in 2009, 2011 and 2013, so that's every odd year since 2009. Could it be 2015 as well?

Long as we get the same result as the last time we met I'll be happy.

Meadow must be favourites with being at home and Talbot's recent run of indifferent form but that'll suit us down to the ground. Everyone will be looking forward to this one, and don't forget we won in 2009, 2011 and 2013, so that's every odd year since 2009. Could it be 2015 as well?

didn't we win 2-1 last time we met?

Medda have been winning games without hitting any real form and Talbot have been a bit off colour by their own standards.A fascinating battle ahead. A really hard one to call but I think Talbots Scottish cup nous will prevail and they will edge it.

Archived