Stirling Albion v Hurlford United

headthebaw

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stewart will have them ready to go come Saturday

Sandy to start on the bench my source tells me

Home win in extra time

So the new manager, who hasn't met the squad yet, has already picked his team for Saturday? Give it a rest, please.

Its going to be an interesting tie on Saturday at Forthbank, can the Albion in the 1st game under new management team of Stuart McLaren and Martin Corrigan win ? I certainly think so.

After escaping from Hurlford on Saturday with a draw which according to the reports they did not deserve, can the players respond and show the new management team that they are up for the struggles ahead I hope so.

Time will tell if the new appointments are going to succeed and I wish them all the best for the future. Given the performances over the last few weeks its going to be a tough job for the new team in place to handle after the departure of Greg McDonald, they have got to assess the squad and do what is needed to keep us in League 1 this season. Saturdays match is a new beginning for the club and I am optimistic about our chances for the future.

Prediction Stirling Albion 2 Hurlford United 1

Raith Rovers at home await the winners in the next round and hopefully that should be the Albion.

The 'Ford are a horribly long-ball centric outfit, yet ironically struggle to deal with it when it comes back at them. Personally think their chance has came and gone, although that's totally dependant on the size of this weeks brown envelope the chairman leaves in Stewart Kean's pigeonhole*.

*allegedly. Ahem...

The 'Ford are a horribly long-ball centric outfit, yet ironically struggle to deal with it when it comes back at them. Personally think their chance has came and gone, although that's totally dependant on the size of this weeks brown envelope the chairman leaves in Stewart Kean's pigeonhole*.

*allegedly. Ahem...

What Hurlford matches have you seen recently?

They do like a long ball up to Kean, especially from the left back Byrne (who must have given the ball away doing so at least 15 times on Saturday) however their football on the deck was far in advance of anything Stirling could produce and better than most other junior sides. See last seasons Scottish Cup second leg against Irvine Meadow for an example.

What Hurlford matches have you seen recently?

They do like a long ball up to Kean, especially from the left back Byrne (who must have given the ball away doing so at least 15 times on Saturday) however their football on the deck was far in advance of anything Stirling could produce and better than most other junior sides. See last seasons Scottish Cup second leg against Irvine Meadow for an example.

I go to as many midweek matches as I can. Against Vics in the Ardargh it was bordering on ridiculous. Wasn't there on Saturday though.

Sensible pricing has prevailed at it a tenner for adults to get in.

£10 for one of the better modern stadiums around but £12 for a junior ground.............

Can`t agree more with your comments, Hurlford could learn something from the Albion regarding pricing. Hope their is a decent crowd at Forthbank this Saturday for the 1st game of the new management team. Would also hope to see a decent support up from Hurlford for this game in the East Stand to see their team hopefully lose to the Albion.

Can`t agree more with your comments, Hurlford could learn something from the Albion regarding pricing. Hope their is a decent crowd at Forthbank this Saturday for the 1st game of the new management team. Would also hope to see a decent support up from Hurlford for this game in the East Stand to see their team hopefully lose to the Albion.

:lol: Good luck with that. 50 'Ford fans is my guess. They don't really have a support to speak of, and plenty that might have went will go to Rugby Park instead this weekend.

Archived