Partick Thistle v Hamilton

mrcat1990

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit to Thistle who looked good today but we clearly set out to lose. Half arsed in nearly every position and some awful choices from the manager. Would have loved to have won but don't feel hugely bothered by it. Best of luck to Thistle in the next round.

Thought we played rather well and dominated througout, save for maybe the first 5/10 minutes.

Couldn't believe the legendary Stevo followed up a cracking opener with a missed sitter but he made amends.

Gallacher played very well again abd for me that's him claimed the jersey back until he makes an arse of it.

Suits me if that's the case as I prefer him to Fox.

Was quite surprised to hear a couple of guys behind us bemoaning the fact Fox hadn't come back in after last week.

Any easy team next please. I am desperate for us to win a major cup or at least reach a major final.

We must be just about the 'biggest' club (ex The Rangers) who have gone the longest without a major cup final appearance.

It was good to see Jake Carroll make a big impact today.

He was also pretty decent in the Aberdeen game. Something seems to have clicked which is a pain as I think his loan is only until January?

He was also pretty decent in the Aberdeen game. Something seems to have clicked which is a pain as I think his loan is only until January?

January 5 but he's on a Bosman then too. He talked about having to head back to Huddersfield to earn a new contract.

First time he really filled the ATS role, in mu eyes.

Pretty shite display. If it wasn't for McGovern it would have been a lot worse. Were incredibly lucky to have a keeper as good as him. Not annoyed we lost, it was the barely turned up, especially in the second him.

Finally, Dougie Imrie's a tit.

Well done thistle, could tell Neil weren't interested when we brought on routledge at 0-2.

Why doesn't Gallagher start for thistle? Kept us out with a couple of great saves that fox would have let in

He's an able back up for diddy teams in the cup ;)

Well done Thistle! You were right up for this and it showed that you wanted it more. Only Accies player with pass marks today was McGovern. That was up there with Inverness away a couple of weeks ago as our worst performance of the season. Our ball control today was terrible and our defence was all over the place. Clancy has to be the worst ref I've seen in recent years, 2nd only to Steven Finnie. Two clear fouls on Scotland go unpunished, never gave us a corner when the Jags keeper clearly pushed the ball over the bar from our free kick. There was also a Thistle player who went right through the back of one of our players (can't remember who it was) and it went unpunished. Imrie acted like a dick and deserved his 1st yellow card but I thought he was a bit unlucky and won the ball at the sending off. Admit though that I didn't view it at the best of angles so perhaps I'm wrong. Even though the ref was shite today I doubt it would have changed the outcome of the game. Partick were better in every department and in honesty should have won by more.

Forgot to mention, Scotland and MAC have never worked well as a pairing. Brophy would have been a far better option to bring on to partner Jason when we were chasing the game. He played out his skin midweek scoring a hat-trick, one an overhead kick and a screamer. If we're not careful we will end up losing him if he isn't given a half decent run in the team and who could blame him.

Archived