Scottish Non-League Programme of the Year awards 2014-15

Burnie_man

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnie Man just a question regarding content in a Blackburn programme (excellent btw)

think it was one from 2007 - There was a terrific feature 'looking back' which had a league table in it from 1966 but some of the games weren't played.

was this because the researcher coundn't get the info or was the games not played as they had no impact on the final winner

Cheers

Ryan

Hi Ryan., it was my own research and it would have been the most complete table I could find as reported in the papers at the time. The league would have been completed but I couldn't find a finished table (if you do, let me know!)

Does it need to be a regular deal? As you know we do a programme for senior Scottish Cup games but we also do a regular monthly magazine. We simply couldn't resource both a programme and a monthly magazine on a regular basis and it's clear that our own supporters really like the monthly magazine approach.

I'd be happy to submit our programmes from the Dalbeattie or Raith games but our magazine is a better reflection of what we do for our support.

The magazine is collectable in the same way a programme is.

If the definition remains sufficiently narrow that it has to be a matchday programme that's fine but we're very proud of the standard we now operate at with this thing and it would be good to see how others view it.

Aye it needs to be a regular match programme. It would be unfair to those clubs who did one every home game to include clubs who only issue programmes for "special matches", where - in theory - you could chuck the kitchen sink at it and produce a brilliant programme.

Aye it needs to be a regular match programme. It would be unfair to those clubs who did one every home game to include clubs who only issue programmes for "special matches", where - in theory - you could chuck the kitchen sink at it and produce a brilliant programme.

I realise that. I'm just conscious that we are doing something that is very regular and fully focused on our club - we produce 10 a season along with programmes as they are required by the club so we don't really have time to throw the kitchen sink at one specific issue as they've all got to hit a set standard. Does every programme that is entered form part of a "programme for every home game" approach? I just wonder if we're producing enough of this sort of genre consistently to the point where we may match others who are allowed to enter because they have a programme for a league game. I could easily understand the concern if we did a season review or some such.

I realise that. I'm just conscious that we are doing something that is very regular and fully focused on our club - we produce 10 a season along with programmes as they are required by the club so we don't really have time to throw the kitchen sink at one specific issue as they've all got to hit a set standard. Does every programme that is entered form part of a "programme for every home game" approach? I just wonder if we're producing enough of this sort of genre consistently to the point where we may match others who are allowed to enter because they have a programme for a league game. I could easily understand the concern if we did a season review or some such.

It's not going to be perfect, the requirement on at least one programme from a league match is to try and restrict entries to those clubs who produce for the majority of their home games. Beyond asking for a copy of every programme produced in the first few months of the season, there's no fool proof way.

If Lithgae produced their monthly mag to co-incide with a home game (regardless of competition or opposition) with all the requirements that a programme brings, then you could probably enter.

......and let's remember, it's all a wee bit of fun!

It's not going to be perfect, the requirement on at least one programme from a league match is to try and restrict entries to those clubs who produce for the majority of their home games. Beyond asking for a copy of every programme produced in the first few months of the season, there's no fool proof way.

If Lithgae produced their monthly mag to co-incide with a home game (regardless of competition or opposition) with all the requirements that a programme brings, then you could probably enter.

......and let's remember, it's all a wee bit of fun!

We produce to a timeline of the first Saturday of every month through the season and hope like f**k that it coincides with a home game! In fact I'm getting to the point where I think I'll need to start lobbying the fixtures man!

I understand that it's just a bit if fun and maybe our magazine covers different stuff but it does all that look back at last month, page from the manager, player spotlight and season stats table as well as wider content so some of it is built around what you'd expect from a programme. The bit that's missing is a focus on an opponent on any given day because we've nae idea who that will be from October to May! :)

• 5 weeks later...

Update on entries so far;

Arthurlie

Blackburn Utd

Dalkeith Thistle

Dyce Juniors

Hawick Royal Albert

Luncarty

Montrose Roselea

Renfrew

Sadly, if entries don'y pick up soon (we had over 50 last season) we might need to bin the idea, so get the programmes rolling in!

Update on entries so far;

Arthurlie

Blackburn Utd

Dalkeith Thistle

Dyce Juniors

Hawick Royal Albert

Luncarty

Montrose Roselea

Renfrew

Sadly, if entries don'y pick up soon (we had over 50 last season) we might need to bin the idea, so get the programmes rolling in!

Criteria too narrow ... lol

• 4 weeks later...

After a three week absence getting married (the things I do to keep 'er indoors happy.....), its time to push this on a wee bit. Entries are now;

Arthurlie

Blackburn Utd

Bo'ness United

Buckie Thistle

Dalkeith Thistle

Dyce Juniors

Hawick Royal Albert

Luncarty

Montrose Roselea

Renfrew

Spartans

Time to get the entries in!

After a three week absence getting married (the things I do to keep 'er indoors happy.....), its time to push this on a wee bit. Entries are now;

Arthurlie

Blackburn Utd

Bo'ness United

Buckie Thistle

Dalkeith Thistle

Dyce Juniors

Hawick Royal Albert

Luncarty

Montrose Roselea

Renfrew

Spartans

Time to get the entries in!