Scottish Non-League Programme of the Year awards 2014-15

Burnie_man

It’s that time again to get your entries in for the 2014-2015 Scottish Non-League Programme of the Year awards backed by Programme Monthly magazine www.programmemonthly.com

Buckie Thistle won the award last season, with Ardeer Thistle coming fourth to be best in the Juniors, and Gala Fairydean Rovers being best in the Lowland. Full results here;

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/213596-scottish-non-league-programme-of-the-year-results/?hl=programme

I’d like to invite entries from as wide a range of clubs as possible for the Highland League, Lowland League, Juniors, East of Scotland League and South of Scotland League. Each club should provide two separate issues from this season of which one must be from a league match. Both programmes must be from competitive matches, no friendlies or special one-off issues please.

We had 58 entries last season which was fantastic, but I’d like to try and top that as I know there were other clubs who issued programmes but did not enter.

Entries will be open until April (so plenty time yet) and results will be published in the June 2015 edition and each club who enters will receive a copy of that months Programme Monthly upon request.

Please PM me for details, or email burnieman2@hotmail.com and please feel free to spread the word via other forums or to clubs directly.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, these are the categories used to judge, max 10points per category

Design:

Value for money (10)

Overall design (10)

Quality of print/Colour (10)

Adverts/Space Filling (10)

Content:

Club News (10)

Stats (10)

(tables/results/line-ups/appearances/goalscorers/fixtures)

Match reports (10)

Features/Visitors (10)

Pictures (10)

History (10)

Not perfect, but it provides a consistent guide when trying to compare programmes that may be completely different but equally as good as each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Burnie Man just a question regarding content in a Blackburn programme (excellent btw)

think it was one from 2007 - There was a terrific feature 'looking back' which had a league table in it from 1966 but some of the games weren't played.

was this because the researcher coundn't get the info or was the games not played as they had no impact on the final winner

Cheers

Ryan

Does it need to be a regular deal? As you know we do a programme for senior Scottish Cup games but we also do a regular monthly magazine. We simply couldn't resource both a programme and a monthly magazine on a regular basis and it's clear that our own supporters really like the monthly magazine approach.

I'd be happy to submit our programmes from the Dalbeattie or Raith games but our magazine is a better reflection of what we do for our support.

The magazine is collectable in the same way a programme is.

If the definition remains sufficiently narrow that it has to be a matchday programme that's fine but we're very proud of the standard we now operate at with this thing and it would be good to see how others view it.

If the definition remains sufficiently narrow that it has to be a matchday programme that's fine but we're very proud of the standard we now operate at with this thing and it would be good to see how others view it.

It's very specific in the rules - one programme must be from a league match.

Archived