6-0 v 0-6

CowdenLoyal

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you implying that Falkirk wanted to retain the higher prices for this fixture?

No I'm not ,and I don't know anything about the discussions about pricing for this game apart from what I have read on here. I am though interested to know if their League Cup tie v Rangers had prices reduced as compared to their League games and if so by how much.

No I'm not ,and I don't know anything about the discussions about pricing for this game apart from what I have read on here. I am though interested to know if their League Cup tie v Rangers had prices reduced as compared to their League games and if so by how much.

why would they reduce the prices for a game with very high interest?

Well firstly Falkirk, Rangers and Cowdenbeath are all at the same level - they are Championship sides. There are two norms that seem to apply nowadays to pricing. 1. If a Scottish Cup game involves a Championship side and a lower/non league side then the norm is to charge somewhere between the Championship price and the lower league price. The same principle applies in reverse if you are playing a premier side. 2. The Challenge Cup has tended to be priced at a discount to normal League prices due to the nature of the competition. That has now also happened in the League Cup. It is less prevalent in the Scottish Cup which is the main Cup competition and there is no over-riding logic why that should be priced differently from a League game. You might argue that you could reduce the price a little as Season Ticket holders have to pay for entry to Cup games so you could replicate the discount they receive in the overall pricing for the Cup.

I don't though see that the League Cup tie between Falkirk and Rangers was a game of very high interest - was it a sell out? It is a cup game between two clubs in the same division who will already meet 4 times this season.

Look at it another way, greed really doesn't play a part in pricing of games - there is supply and demand plus a drive to optimise income balanced with keeping fans onside. Most fans (as opposed to customers) feel 'it is our club', 'the club belongs to the fans' - it is a view I don't dissent from albeit it needs to be kept in context. Thus any income derived by a club from the fans essentially just goes right back to the fans in any event - it is invested in players, running costs, facilities, etc on behalf of the fans not paid out in dividends to shareholders which is the case in profit oriented businesses.

Falkirk v rangers in any cup equals big crowd therfore demand big enough to justify full price.

falkirk v cowden in both cups equals lack of interest. Minimum 6 games in what is an unattractive fixture for both sets of fans. Full price equals taking the fans for granted. Tenner entry recognises the specific situation and hopefully generates a bigger crowd/occasion.

you will be able to hear a pin drop on sat unless falkirk score and we get that embarrassing music pumping out.

of course the (potential) bigger crowd could work against us as better backing for the home team. Maybe we feel we have a better chance of winning the tie in a morgue.

Well it depends - 1) do you think Cowdenbeath should for example substantially reduce its admission prices for every home game to say £10 for adults and £5 concessions plus let everyone under 12 in for free? 2) What do you think would be the financial impact of that for Cowden?

"18 quid for falkirk versues cowdenbeath is not value for money like most of Scottish football prices" was the quote - I don't think that comment restricted itself to one Scottish Cup game. .

Yes i definetly see where your coming from Dave and why these prices are in place.

Overall the prices for Scottish football are over the top.

Average league att: 4,392

vs Sevco Cup game: 5,259 (£18)

vs Cowdenbeath Cup game: 1,128 (£12)

Conclusion:To charge £18 for this game is absolute madness.

No - conclusion is surely only 1000 or so will turn up anyway, so we may as well charge them anything we can. Charging £12 would only cost the club £6k or so.

Hoping for a draw as I am working and then we can win the replay at our ground where Falkirk usually perform below their usual high standardised tikka takka fitba!

a draw means a 7th meeting of the 2 teams this season. You sure that's what you want?

Archived