Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

Elixir

Because football prices are too high and this is £20 folk can do without spending before Christmas?

Far more than £20 when you add up the cost of the whole day.

It's a reasonable price though and these same issues clearly weren't the case in the past.

If it was Hibs we had drawn this match would have sold out, at more expensive prices, in no time.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Buaben is fit enough to start, after missing out last week. Doesn't look like Wilson or Sow will make it, and it's probably too soon for Carrick to come back - McHattie will also be out after being assaulted by Kenny Miller last week, so something like:

Alexander

Paterson - Ozturk - McKay - Eckersley

King - Pallardo - Buaben - Gomis - Walker

Keatings

Subs: Gallacher, McGhee, Holt, Nicholson, El Hass, Robinson, Gordon

Straightforward win for Celtic, I'd imagine.

Looks like the crowd will probably only be about 13,000-14,000 sadly.

Why are early round cup matches nowhere near as big or appealing to punters as they were ten to twenty years ago? I just don't understand it.

Suprised at that? Decent prices for the tickets as well. Much cheaper than last few time Ive been. Really looking forward to Sunday now, would have like a packed Tynie though. A lot more tickets could have been shifted to away fans but logistically proably a nightmare.

Im going to 2-1 Celtic, predicting a tight game.

Suprised at that? Decent prices for the tickets as well. Much cheaper than last few time Ive been. Really looking forward to Sunday now, would have like a packed Tynie though.

Aye. It's simply the norm for pretty much every club in Scotland (and England) these days, which is sad. I thought we'd have bucked the trend given the home crowds we've been playing to all season and last weeks win especially, though. Very disappointing.

I'm nowhere near as up for this game as I would be if it was a sellout. Seeing 3,000 empty seats in the home end is utterly shite, especially for the team after what they've done for us this season. The utter cretins who don't have enough loyalty points to get tickets for certain away matches, cup finals or European games when they come about, yet cry their eyes out about how they're loyal fans and why they apparently deserve tickets, are the same guffy b*****ds who don't bother their arses for fixtures like this where several loyalty points are available.

Can't see past a comfortable Celtic win by at least a couple of goals. You've seemed to click pretty much every time you've played us over the past two or three years. Granted we've largely been terrible in that time and we've improved massively recently, but there's still a chasm between Celtic and every other team in the country.

Whats the score on getting tickets if they're available? Can i rock up to the ground and buy one tomorrow morning?

Even though it's gone to general sale I'm not sure if you still need to have a purchase history or not. If you head down though you'll certainly get a ticket one way or another. The ticket office is open up until kick-off.

Aye. It's simply the norm for pretty much every club in Scotland (and England) these days, which is sad. I thought we'd have bucked the trend given the home crowds we've been playing to all season and last weeks win especially, though. Very disappointing.

I'm nowhere near as up for this game as I would be if it was a sellout. Seeing 3,000 empty seats in the home end is utterly shite, especially for the team after what they've done for us this season. The utter cretins who don't have enough loyalty points to get tickets for certain away matches, cup finals or European games when they come about, yet cry their eyes out about how they're loyal fans and why they apparently deserve tickets, are the same guffy b*****ds who don't bother their arses for fixtures like this where several loyalty points are available.

Can't see past a comfortable Celtic win by at least a couple of goals. You've seemed to click pretty much every time you've played us over the past two or three years. Granted we've largely been terrible in that time and we've improved massively recently, but there's still a chasm between Celtic and every other team in the country.

It's going to be about 3,000 more than the same fixture last year.

I'm quite confident that we'll not lose by seven again.

Celtic vs Aberdeen in the following round was half empty as well.

It's as if people only wake up to the Scottish Cup when they can smell the trophy

Celtic will be right up for it as they have been on their last few visits and that usually doesn't bode well for us.

You just never know though. At least we can all be confident it won't be as bad as last season!

Celtic will be right up for it as they have been on their last few visits and that usually doesn't bode well for us.

You just never know though. At least we can all be confident it won't be as bad as last season!

Our midfield is reasonably strong with Gomis, Pallardo, and Buaben, but is it strong enough to compete against Celtic's?

Without Sow and Carrick, I doubt we have enough up front to trouble Celtic.

Without Wilson and McHattie, do we have enough to be able to cope with Celtic's attacking options? Unlikely.

The Scottish cup is about away days, home games are shite, unfortunately Hearts have been dealt with a lifetimes worth of horrific cup draws.

Doesn't seem worth the hassle of taking time off work and shelling out on another train down for a game against Celtic, but you'll always regret it if we end up sneaking a win. Imagine not going to that Beattie game because you thought we were going to get pumped. :lol:

Comfortable win for Celtic today though, the flat atmosphere in the home end won't help us.

Doesn't seem worth the hassle of taking time off work and shelling out on another train down for a game against Celtic, but you'll always regret it if we end up sneaking a win. Imagine not going to that Beattie game because you thought we were going to get pumped. :lol:

Comfortable win for Celtic today though, the flat atmosphere in the home end won't help us.

Correct.

Our midfield is reasonably strong with Gomis, Pallardo, and Buaben, but is it strong enough to compete against Celtic's?

Without Sow and Carrick, I doubt we have enough up front to trouble Celtic.

Without Wilson and McHattie, do we have enough to be able to cope with Celtic's attacking options? Unlikely.

With 3 in the middle of the park it's our best match up there since Hartley was here.

Up front Sow is obviously a miss but I think Keatings and whoever plays on the wing might have enough trickery up against that abortion Ambrose.

Wilson hadn't been playing that great and McGhee and McKay have both looked ok in their games. You could argue Eckersley is a better defender than McHattie

I think it will be tight but Celtic to edge it.

@celticfc: CELTIC (4-2-3-1) Gordon; Matthews, Ambrose, van Dijk, Izaguirre; Brown, Bitton; Forrest, Johansen, Stokes; Guidetti. (MD)

Guidetti to score a few goals and Ambrose to give a few goals

Archived