Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

Elixir

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Hearts here, not a club ive been overly fond of in the past but nothing but admiration for them the way they have treated the punters here and, moreso they accepted their fate and punishment for financial misdemeanors the right way, by living within their means, no whining about vendettas and giving a little back to the fans who, in all honesty were as much a part of staving off liquidation as Ann Budge

Still hope we pump you in the cup though :P

Good luck though in the rest of the season

• 3 weeks later...

It will be very disappointing if we don't sellout after today's result.

As for the game itself, we should simply go out to enjoy ourselves and try and put in a good performance. There is zero pressure or expectation on us here.

Got my two tickets for this, £20 & £10 for me and the bairn is decent so fair play to Hearts

As for the game id rank this Hearts side as on a par with Dundee Utd, ICT and the likes so it will be a real test against a side brimming with confidence.

Obviously with Guidetti not being able to play Thursday he will start this one, most likely with Stokes and/or Commons in behind him but, with this being a tight pitch and not too suited to using the wings all the time id urge RD to play Griffiths, combined with the fact he will be extra up for it due to the opposition I think he could be a real asset in this tie

With a midfield three of Pallardo, Prince and Gomis, I feel we have a real chance of competing in this game. We definitely need Sow back though or it's going to be a struggle.

If we can somehow win this, the cup is wide open ...

Hearts are 5/1 but I reckon 50/1 for the whole tournament is more tempting

I'd have gone to this game but I fucking hate travelling to Edinburgh.

Battle of the League leaders from the Premiership and Championship. :)

I think Celtic will come through this one with a single goal.

Might be a few fights on the park with a lot of bookings and mibees a red card or two. :unsure2:

Looks like the crowd will probably only be about 13,000-14,000 sadly.

Why are early round cup matches nowhere near as big or appealing to punters as they were ten to twenty years ago? I just don't understand it.

Looks like the crowd will probably only be about 13,000-14,000 sadly.

Why are early round cup matches nowhere near as big or appealing to punters as they were ten to twenty years ago? I just don't understand it.

Because football prices are too high and this is £20 folk can do without spending before Christmas?

Far more than £20 when you add up the cost of the whole day.

Archived