World Famous Dundee United v Aberdeen, Semifinal

banana

I'm looking forward to this.

It's a pity that most of the talk on here is about venues and crowds; I reckon it will be a cracking game wherever it is held and will draw a huge amount of interest from everyone who follows football in Scotland with the exception of the Glasgowcentric media.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the f**k would they play it there?

Using the lower decks and main stand would give it a capacity of around 32,000. Perfect.

It would also mean the fans were right on top of the action, rather than miles behind the goals.

I could turn your question around and ask why it should be at Hampden?

It's a pity that most of the talk on here is about venues and crowds; I reckon it will be a cracking game wherever it is held and will draw a huge amount of interest from everyone who follows football in Scotland with the exception of the Glasgowcentric media.

Don't worry, there's plenty of time to discuss the actual game, and for people to break a few laws regarding Goodwillie's rape case.

For now we need to sort out where your pumping is going to take place.

Totally, this is the draw I wanted and I can't wait. Well said ya soon to be disappointed arab b*****d ye.

We're all forgetting Hibs at home that weekend. Which means two things.

They probably won't want to move their own game to Sunday and clash with Old Firm game, and they probably won't want to play on pitch in February a day after a semi-final.

If it's Tynecastle, it'll be a lunchtime kick-off to avoid the Hibs game, and lunchtime kick-offs are shite.

Has to be Hampden.

Has to be Hampden, with North Stand split 50/50

Game has to be in Glasgow. Unfortunate yes but this game should pull in well over 30k. Tynecastle is a great wee venue but too small.

Makes no sense to have folk ready to shell out money for a game only to make it impossible by picking a smaller ground.

I know it's a while away but how do you pick a winner from this one? Great draw. The other game will be an absolute stroll for Celtic.

Unless both ties are to be televised it is inevitable that tv will pick the bigotfest.

That said if it's not live both clubs will take a bigger support so it has to be at Hamden.

Hopefully children's tickets will be reasonably priced as more people will take their kids to this game compared to a tie v Celtic or sevco.

Dundee United? They're not even the most successful team in their city.

You really are a tedious c**t.

Would prefer Easter Road but looking forward to this wherever it's played.

Will be our twelfth semi final against Aberdeen. Won six, lost five.

You really are a tedious c**t.

A lot of people are going to have to lighten up over the next three months. It's football banter ffs. Would suggest there'll be a lot of it in this thread.

Back to game, telegraph reporting this morning that Old Firm game set to be moved to midweek, with this one going ahead on Saturday lunchtime or Sunday afternoon* so BBC can show both games.

*never actually said Sunday afternoon, but I'm guessing if it's Sunday they won't make it a lunchtime kick-off.

If it is Sunday and on TV, then Easter Road would be my choice as crowd would be cut significantly and 20,000 would pretty much satisfy demand.

Saturday 3pm though then Hampden or Celtic Park.

Should be a terrific game. We've only played you once this season and that was post-Europe so as poorly as we played that day we did at least have an excuse. We seemed to do well against yous last season so hope for the same again! Given that McInnes has only lost one cup game in charge of Aberdeen he seems to be good at getting us up for the big games.

Out of interest (hope I'm not jinxing it here) when was the last time a team other than Rangers (RIP) or Celtic retained a cup trophy? Would love to make this "our" trophy!

COYR!

Out of interest (hope I'm not jinxing it here) when was the last time a team other than Rangers (RIP) or Celtic retained a cup trophy? Would love to make this "our" trophy!

COYR!

Think it was actually Dundee United. 79 v Dundee then 80 v us? Is that correct?

I was thinking that yesterday as well.

Aberdeen 81-82, 82-83, 83-84 in the Scottish Cup, Dundee United 79-80, 80-81 in the League Cup seems to be the answer.

Our clubs have had a really storied head to head history, we haven't played anyone else near as many times as we have Aberdeen, and in all types of games, from a Final, countless SF's in both domestic cups, various venues (Tannadice,Pittodrie,Dens,Tynecastle,Hampden), countless cup games including with multiple replays!, when challenging for Leagues (while both in latter stages if Europe), for places in Europe, Top 6 and even Relegation

A proper footballing rivalry

Has anyone got footage of the 94 Scottish cup semi at Hampden between the two?

Not the replay (think that's on youtube) but the first game, the 1-1 draw?

I have it on a disc but would need to upload, memories are that United had all the chances in the 1-1 game but needed a last gasp equaliser, Aberdeen all the chances in the replay but we got the only goal in the second half, still a fav memory of mine that goal

Archived