Renfrew Ground

Sharpal27

Is it still on schedule for completion in March ?

Not sure Glensmad. Believe the perimeter fence should be completed next week with the pitch tarmac base due to be done after that.

Have uploaded a pic of Western Park taken today following demolition of "the shed".

post-37667-0-33250300-1421792641_thumb.j

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah memories ! I remember watch a game or two in that shed. Was a relic ( no disrespect ) back then but still a good place to watch a game.

Really pleased that renfrew have something sorted ground wise, class guys running their club as proved when they presented the Roy with a plague on our final game back in april / may.

Ah memories ! I remember watch a game or two in that shed. Was a relic ( no disrespect ) back then but still a good place to watch a game.

Really pleased that renfrew have something sorted ground wise, class guys running their club as proved when they presented the Roy with a plague on our final game back in april / may.

Was that your 1st final game or your 10th lol

Used to have a cracking social club just like yourselves . Miss the auld social clubs

LADESIDE

Was that your 1st final game or your 10th lol

Used to have a cracking social club just like yourselves . Miss the auld social clubs

LADESIDE

When i was last at renfrew's park me and my pals went in with a few beers , up in the enclosure , across the road to the use the public toilets as couldn't see one in the ground , wander down the main street and back all in the space of half time haha.

Yeah most of my teenage supporting days were spent trying to get into social clubs usually by some old guy on the door who wasn't so keen on the young uns ha !

And a plague on the Roy?

Work is going well despite the cold weather. Still on schedule to complete works at Blythswood on 27th February. Meeting on site today with contractors for progress report, but looking at schedule of works everything appears to be going well. Fence posts are in place on three sides of the ground, with fencing due to be complete by end of next week. Floodlight bases due to be installed between now and next week. Tarmac due to be put down on all areas surrounding the pitch by end of next week. There have been edging stones put around the pitch area with the pitch itself due to be installed w/c 09/02/15. Not sure how long pitch needs to bed in, but will find out. The clubhouse and changing rooms are of a modular construction and work has been ongoing since before Christmas on that, so it can be shipped and constructed on site at the end of ground construction works. We have ordered a covered terrace which is also being built off site and expected on site around 2nd March. Its something that can be extended in the future if we need it, but for now will be approx. 17 metres long holding around 200 people and with an area for disabled spectators included.

I've attached a photo which I'd also sent to Sharpal27, showing the ongoing works at a snowy Blythswood site along with a view of demolition works at our old Western Park ground.

Alan

post-40448-0-51189500-1421838363_thumb.p

This is good news for Renfrew. The few seasons before last they had a right good side. Unfortunate not to go up. And I guess the facilities helped in them losing majority of that squad. If they manage to gain promotion this season they could be a force again next year with the new facilities. Could former players be tempted back by same management team? Time will tell. Great looking set up now compared to western park.

Which one was it? Bubonic, pneumonic or septicemic?

Told them they ought to have used stronger disinfectant down at the Victory Baths.

Ha! Will blame being in a rush and predictive text.

On thread well done the guys from the Frew giving constant updates, interesting to see how it's all coming together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived