Queens v Dumbarton

A game we need to win after our poor draw at Livi.

Really should be able to see out a game when 2 up with 10 mins to play.

Dumbarton are a good part time team the best in Scotland.

Hopefully with the game at home then we can get the win.

Hopefully we will have a almost a full squad for the game.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll sadly miss this game, its a good place to visit. Like it down there. Any major difference in the way QoS are playing since McIntyre left? If not, could be hard for Sons, Queens had us in their pocket the past wee while.

We're due getting a result, fingers crossed.

The overreaction to the Livi result just shows how good we've had it the last decade. It's being bemoaned as if it was our worst result in our history.

A point away from home is a good return in any league in the world.

As for this game we're at home so I'll be expecting all three against these part time diddies (someone had to end the love-in).

The overreaction to the Livi result just shows how good we've had it the last decade. It's being bemoaned as if it was our worst result in our history.

A point away from home is a good return in any league in the world.

As for this game we're at home so I'll be expecting all three against these part time diddies (someone had to end the love-in).

Great post Cammy , you'd of thought we actually lost last weekend .

Difficult to think how we'll set up. If everyone's fit Murray has a few selection issues I think. I wouldn't be against playing the 3-5-2 with wingbacks again so long as Kane is partnering Nish up front. Turner and Agnew in the middle with Fleming just in front of them. If Taggart is back we'll need him in the back 3 but who do you drop? Marko and Mair both done well yesterday and Graham can never be dropped unless necessary. Also wouldn't mind playing our usual 4-4-2 but I think having seen the 3-5-2 work reasonably well yesterday we may look to keep it tight like that and hit on the break.

I probably won't make it down to the game but hopefully we can take something. Our record is pretty terrible down there.

Going to be nice getting back to normality after playing the 'big teams' in our last 3 games. Iain Russell will score.

Play like we did against Rangers at the weekend and we will come away with at least a point. Having Kane back could well be the difference between a win and a defeat. After the fringe players put in such an excellent performance on Saturday it's given Muzz a selection headache of a good kind. I'd be inclined to not change too much, maybe something like this:

Rodgers

Graham Taggart McLaughlin

Gilhaney Agnew Turner Kirkpatrick (if fit)/Fleming MacDonald*

Kane Fleming/Nish

*MacDonald may be a slightly controversial one but I think his pace and strong tackling could make him a decent option for LWB if we opt to line up similar to last week.

If we resort back to 4-4-2 we could see:

Rodgers

Van Zanten Taggart Graham Linton

Gilhaney Turner Kirkpatrick Megginson/McDougall/MacDonald

Fleming Kane

QoS likely line up

Clark

Dowie Durnan Higgins Holt

Carmichael Kerr Mcshane Russell

Reilly Baird

Subs

Lyle Kidd dzierzawski Kiltie McKenna Fowler sub goalie Atkinson.

And prob still Thomson as temp assistant manager!!!

Given how Livingston's season is panning out, the fact that we've failed to beat them in four attempts, having led in three of them, is a big disappointment.

Indeed. Although the biggest disappointment about the Livi game was throwing away a 2 goal lead with 9 minutes to go. A point away from home is certainly acceptable, but I think it's harsh to criticise folk that were p*ssed off we couldn't hold on for 3 points considering the position we were in.

QOS have generally owned us since our return to the 2nd tier but we can have a degree of confidence after a solid showing in the cup.

Will be interesting to see how Ian sets us up for this one (step up Kano!) and whether we can prevent Russell enjoying success yet again.

Looking forward to it.

Do bookies still offer odds on Ian Russell to score in games v Dumbarton? Beanie is like a curse for us.

The cup performance on Saturday should give us grounds for hope going into this game. We'll be stronger with our loan player back and we were very unlucky not to take that game to a replay.

Do bookies still offer odds on Ian Russell to score in games v Dumbarton? Beanie is like a curse for us.

The cup performance on Saturday should give us grounds for hope going into this game. We'll be stronger with our loan player back and we were very unlucky not to take that game to a replay.

McBookie will and if, as I expect, the odds are decent I'll be having some of it. They have Garry Fleming at 16/1 first scorer most weeks which a couple of Sons fans put on regularly. Since Queens and Dumbarton have been in this league together we've played 5 times and only one game Russell hasn't scored in.

Personally I wouldn't change a thing from the team that started on Saturday, maybe Mcdonald in for Linton who I think is struggling with confidence or fitness, I do think it's great to have rogers and kane available but the whole team were excellent on Saturday and unlucky not to score a few times, kane's fitness may not be top condition so may be better coming off the bench, and I think it'd be unfair to drop Ewings after having such a good game, and I was one of his worst critics, but I do have renewed confidence for Saturday, and I think queens seemed to have better results under Jim mcintyre

I think queens seemed to have better results under Jim mcintyre

Not sure that's fair. Fowler has 3 wins (Hibs, Falkirk & Raith), 2 draws (Falkirk & Livi) and 2 losses (Cowdenbeath & Hearts) from 7 games in charge. Cowdenbeath was a poor result and the first time since you were here over a year ago that we've lost to a side outside the top four, but he's done fine generally otherwise. McIntyre had three goes at beating Livingston this season and didn't manage it either and there's no shame in losing to Hearts and drawing at Falkirk. I think we've moved on reasonably seemlessly so far to be honest. We're not obviously better or worse.

Personally I wouldn't change a thing from the team that started on Saturday, maybe Mcdonald in for Linton who I think is struggling with confidence or fitness, I do think it's great to have rogers and kane available but the whole team were excellent on Saturday and unlucky not to score a few times, kane's fitness may not be top condition so may be better coming off the bench, and I think it'd be unfair to drop Ewings after having such a good game, and I was one of his worst critics, but I do have renewed confidence for Saturday, and I think queens seemed to have better results under Jim mcintyre

I'd like to see Lyle start up front with Reilly, the two of them played particularly well together up at the Ben Butler.

Please play three at the back against us.

I'd like to see Lyle start up front with Reilly, the two of them played particularly well together up at the Ben Butler.

Please play three at the back against us.

Didn't Cowdenbeath play that formation and win against you?

Three centre backs with two wing backs made us more difficult to break down.

Archived