Scott Allan

Here, where was Allan in the Scotland squad? You Hibees do make me laugh.

I haven't actually said Allan should be in the Scotland squad. At this moment in time he should be nowhere near it and neither should Lewis MacLeod.

Lee Wallace and Ian Black have been in Scotland teams in recent years, so forgive me for not thinking MacLeod's call-up makes him a world beater.

Imagine if Ally actually went for Allan, we could have been looking at a middle two of him and MacLeod, that would be class.

Potentially class. At the moment neither have done enough to merit a call-up, although as others have said in the Scotland squad thread it's likely that MacLeod is just going to be there to get experience of being with the squad whilst Strachan gets a look at him. No harm done I suppose.

Hibs fans raving about him. If Allan keeps going and continues to screw the nut, Allan make in the Scotland squad next season.

Personally I'm against any SPFL League One player getting into our A Internationql Squad. #bantz

Here, where was Allan in the Scotland squad? You Hibees do make me laugh.

It's an abysmal decision ITPRAHATNBPOV (in this posters respected and honest also totally non biased point of view). In the 3-1 humping we dished out at Ibrox, Allan had MacLeod buried so far in his back pocket he only got out through the hole in Scottie's boots.

Hey! I was on to something! It's utter bullshit that he's in the squad especially when he's still U21 eligible but there you go.

Judging by that if Ronaldo was hypothetically a 20 year old Scot, you'd disagree with his inclusion in the full squad? Bonkers.

Judging by that if Ronaldo was hypothetically a 20 year old Scot, you'd disagree with his inclusion in the full squad? Bonkers.

Would a 20 year old Ronaldo have had an impact on the Scotland side? Absolutely.

Will a 20 year old Lewis MacLeod have an impact on the Scotland side? Absolutely not.

My point being that he'd be better served playing in a team where he would, rightfully, be the focus of the line-up. I understand the getting him used to the international set-up and stuff if you think he'll be a regular call-up in the future (and I hope he is, and I think he will be) but I think he'd be better served playing games against international talent, especially since he isn't being tested as much as some while Rangers are in The Championship.

• 1 month later...

Archived