Drive on BBC 3 tonight

Mr Romanov

Ken that class film Drive? The one with the unbelievable sountrack that enhances the film to greatness?

Ken that nippy ozzy cant Zane Lowe? The mediocre DJ guy?

Well he's decided to scrap the sountrack and make his own for it. Someone give a brother a Jim Cornette face.

Could be interesting ...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The film is ace.

Very interested to hear the new versions of the soumdtrack. Some quality artists involved.

And some terrible ones as well. The 1975 FFS.

It's an interesting concept but I don't think it will work with this film. The soundtrack is an integral part of Drive, so changing that just seems pointless (and a bit of a vanity project). I think it's an excellent film though, not sure how anyone could justify calling it "a disaster"? Fair enough not liking it, but "disaster"? Nah m9.

The greatest, most stylish opening credits I've ever seen, how will fucking Zane Lowe top that? He could pull an absolute tune out the bag (that Get Away tune posted above is a belter tbf) and it won't top that.

Oh and Greggy, Zane Lowe is a Kiwi you uncultured pleb.

And some terrible ones as well. The 1975 FFS.

It's an interesting concept but I don't think it will work with this film. The soundtrack is an integral part of Drive, so changing that just seems pointless (and a bit of a vanity project). I think it's an excellent film though, not sure how anyone could justify calling it "a disaster"? Fair enough not liking it, but "disaster"? Nah m9.

I can't see what else it can possibly be other than a Zane Lowe vanity project. Hope it fucking crashes and burns to be honest.

The Chvrches tune is great though and will fit in somewhere (not as good as the original track though).

EGB - ozzy/kiwi same nippy fucking accent 8)

Eh, naw. Saying an Ozzy accent is the same as a Kiwi accent is like watching Drive and not noticing that Kavinsky or "Real Human Bean" has been replaced by Mumford and Sons.

As for the film itself, I love it tbh. Great film.

Is it actually Zane Lowe?

I heard a bit of his interview on Monday night and it seemed like it was a collaboration but mainly run by teh guy who directed drive and chose all the original tunes in the first place.

Nic Winding Refn gave them the go ahead (he says he's interested to their take on it) but it's been driven (lol) by Zane Lowe and Radio 1. AFAIK, Refn and Cliff Martinez have no real involvement in this.

Archived