Scottish Cup 4th Round Draw

AR851903

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brora will make a good account of them still inbeaten in the Highland league but I think Queens will win 2 or 3-0 in the end. That said, I haven't watched Brora in a while

Rubbish draw for Brora. Very little chance of getting through and a share of a crap gate.

Scotland's top 14 all drawn against each other? Quelle coincidence!

Unlucky tie of the round has to be the brutal 300 mile trip South for Brora.

As for the Rovers, boring as it is, I'm happy with a third away tie against beatable part-timers. Regardless of the opposition, making it to the last sixteen two years in a row would be an amazing achievement- but only if we don't get carried away with the Cup run, and stay focused on the league.

(Edited to reverse the geography of paragraph 2!)

Unlucky tie of the round has to be the brutal 300 mile trip North for the Queens. It'll be an early start that Saturday- if Brora don't have floodlights it might even have to be moved to 2pm.

As for the Rovers, boring as it is, I'm happy with a third away tie against beatable part-timers. Regardless of the opposition, making it to the last sixteen two years in a row would be an amazing achievement- but only if we don't get carried away with the Cup run, and stay focused on the league.

?

Unlucky tie of the round has to be the brutal 300 mile trip North for the Queens. It'll be an early start that Saturday- if Brora don't have floodlights it might even have to be moved to 2pm.

Queens are at home. Brora fans are the ones making the trip..

For some reason that fixture didn't register properly when I read it, I don't know why I made that mistake. Possibly because I was looking at Brora on the map the other day and until then hadn't realised just how far away it actually is. It had been on my mind since the possibility that the Rovers might have to go up there.

Shite draw, top 14 all paired??

And yet again another difficult one for United, our last 13 Scottish Cup opponents have been, Airdrie(a) Rangers(a) Celtic(h) Stranraer(a) Rangers(h) Dundee(a) Celtic(n) Kilmarnock(h) St Mirren(h) Inverness(a) Rangers("n") St Johnstone(n) Motherwell(a)

The Lge cup has been no better - QotS(a) Hearts(h) Dumbarton(a) Partick(h) Inverness(a) Dundee(h) Hibernian(a) Aberdeen(n)

When we do get a home tie, it's always a Prem side, the only surprise is we have not went out of any cup before the QF stage in nearly 6 years.

Oh and on Sevco, have been paired with Prem opposition 7 times in the last couple years, 6 being at Ibrox including a Semi Final!

Shite draw, top 14 all paired??

And yet again another difficult one for United, our last 13 Scottish Cup opponents have been, Airdrie(a) Rangers(a) Celtic(h) Stranraer(a) Rangers(h) Dundee(a) Celtic(n) Kilmarnock(h) St Mirren(h) Inverness(a) Rangers("n") St Johnstone(n) Motherwell(a)

The Lge cup has been no better - QotS(a) Hearts(h) Dumbarton(a) Partick(h) Inverness(a) Dundee(h) Hibernian(a) Aberdeen(n)

When we do get a home tie, it's always a Prem side, the only surprise is we have not went out of any cup before the QF stage in nearly 6 years.

Oh and on Sevco, have been paired with Prem opposition 7 times in the last couple years, 6 being at Ibrox including a Semi Final!

We've drawn a top flight side in nine of the last eleven seasons at this stage of the tournament. The probability of drawing a top flight side instead of a lower league side here is roughly 33%. <_<

Still, we've won it twice in that time frame. Hibs, by comparison, always get easy draws yet haven't won it for 113 years.:D

We've drawn a top flight side in nine of the last eleven seasons at this stage of the tournament. The probability of drawing a top flight side instead of a lower league side here is roughly 33%. <_<

Still, we've won it twice in that time frame. Hibs, by comparison, always get easy draws yet haven't won it for 113 years.:D

You're not a top-flight side any more. You're a potential giant-killer.

Archived