Morton V Airdrie

cornbeef

Terrible game of football. Apart from a few chances here and there and the red card, nothing of note really happened. Neither side really impressed at all.

We look toothless up front without McManus. I was hoping Barrowman would be more of a threat for us but he was quiet today for the most part.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was an absolutely appalling attempt at a football match. We were terrible, Airdrie weren't much better but would've deserved a win. The McCluskeys were piss poor, thought it was baffling that Russell didn't start until he actually came on... The obvious failings of a Jim Duffy side continue to be highlighted.

I can just see the winners of this tie getting Motherwell away and us fucking it up just so we don't finally get a good draw.

If that's the draw then we ought to forfeit rather than face another cup humping from a mediocre top flight side.

If that's the draw then we ought to forfeit rather than face another cup humping from a mediocre top flight side.

The prospect of facing Motherwell (again) is gruesome. Airdrie V Motherwell would be a much more attractive tie.

We should have won, Bollan's refusal to change it, and press the man advantage, cost us.

We played OK in spells and dominated Morton for most of the match. Bizarrely I felt that we were better at 11 v 11.

That late substitution had all the hallmarks of a team accepting the replay.

Morton are easily deserving of their 'Worst full time team in Scotland' tag. An awful outfit, reminiscent of Airdrie's last tilt at FT football. Surely with the crowds they get they'll be cutting their cloth to suit next year and go PT like the rest of us diddy's?

What an awful game of football, was going to write my thoughts about it but I really can't be arsed and tbh there isn't much to write about. Knowing our dreadful away form we'll probably lose the replay.

Dull, dour game that was awful to watch. I thought the sending off was a yellow card myself but others thought it was a stick on red. I will be interested to see the video. In the brief spells of the game where Morton actually got the ball into Airdrie's penalty box, we badly missed McManus or at least someone who carries some kind of goal threat. On a number of occasions we were crying out for a six yard box poacher and we had a boy on the bench - Scullion - who scores for fun in our development squad (whatever happened to reserves?). He scored 3 straight hat tricks in successive matches but that has earned him about 10 minutes game time as a sub. He can't be any worse than what we had out on Saturday.

Airdrie did not seem much better but they did control midfield for long spells even before the sending off. After the sending off, they could not capitalise and Gaston was no more troubled than he had been up until then.

Overall, I don't go to the replay with much confidence but then again, maybe we will improve???

There was a moment when Sean Crighton came running up his half to challenge for a high ball, but instead of jumping for the ball he just shoved the Airdrie player in the back. For the most part our season has been made up of these 'wtf did I just witness' moments. Like when Lamie decided to stop the ball with his hand when he slipped over or when Stefan McCluskey attempts to kick a football.

Jim Duffy. Two year deal. It's only going to get worse.

Standard wankery from the cringeworthy Caley-educated losers who wash up at the Herald. Perhaps had he paid more attention to his brief rather than massaging his own ego then he'd have known that Gasparotto plays for Airdrie, not us - unless McKee was just about crap enough to get sent off for tackling his own player.

Stupid c**t.

He's already well on his way to the earning the title but with the excellent draw for the next round as an additional factor, Duffy will surely confirm his place as the worst Morton manager of all time if we lose this replay.

Archived