League Cup Semi-Final Draw - 5:05PM, Saturday 1st November

AberDon

Is it me or its that red bar looks blatantly obviously edited in???

Well obviously it's edited in? The red bars just highlighting what to look at in the picture? Am I being whooshed or was that actually genuine from Im 'secretly a ***' Rodger?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've slept on it, and I've decided I want Dundee United. Will send instructions to the organisers to ensure these are the two balls microwaved.

It's like the three bears. Celtic may well be in their stride by February and too hot. Rangers are just a punchbag and too cold. United are just right, would be a belter I reckon.

Has to be Hampden, Saturday afternoon, 3pm kick-off. Tynecastle would be too small and with Hibs at home that weekend Easter Road probably isn't an option. Hibs at home also means a Tynecastle clash is likely to be a lunchtime kick-off.

Not sure if Aberdeen have ever defeated United at Hampden (can only think of two draws and a defeat). Confident the two would pull in a crowd of 30,000, which was roughly what the Dons/Hibs SC semi in 2012 was and it was a no bad atmosphere.

Let the Old Firm have their wee party the next day. Hopefully Rangers pull off a shock, knock out Celtic, and we'll tear them apart in the final.

So which game has the clear favourite out of Rangers vs Aberdeen or Rangers vs Dundee United?

I'd say Rangers were the slight favourites in both those games but I suspect you're going to say Aberdeen or Dundee United.

What would make either of them the "clear favourite"?

No chance. We'd get horsed by Celtic, and maybe give Utd or Aberdeen a game in similar fashion to last seasons SC SF, but I reckon all three potential opponents are stronger than we are.

the weegia are clamouring for a sevco v Celtic match claiming wrongly that it would be an old firm clash.

There is no chance of this being the final as the other 3 teams are far better than sevco so that leaves a rigged semi draw as the only possible way for the 2 to meet.

I am not claiming Rangers will win the semi final but just wondering...How many of the clubs remaining are sitting above ICT in the league?

So which game has the clear favourite out of Rangers vs Aberdeen or Rangers vs Dundee United?

I'd say Rangers were the slight favourites in both those games but I suspect you're going to say Aberdeen or Dundee United.

What would make either of them the "clear favourite"?

Odds so far from this site http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/league-cup/scottish-league-cup/winner might help.

I think Aberdeen over Rangers but very little between Rangers and Dundee Utd.

I think if Aberdeen and Dundee Utd draw, it should be at Hibs or Hearts. Utd average under 10k and Aberdenn average about 10k, so the hardcore supports will more than likely get tickets. The tighter ground will allow for a better atmosphere. Hampden killed our Ayrshire Derby a few years back, 25,000 at the game was great, but it was just not the same. I would've loved Tynecastle and have it split 50/50.

Utd Aberdeen at Hampden, I don't think, would break 30,000.

Ok you start off quite objective, but that gets thrown out of the window at the whistle, as I've seen many times.

Poor choice of words on my part perhaps, you may be quite objective in general but you're definitely one of the most myopic posters when it comes to actual in game incidents.

St Johnstone thread i gave a fairly balanced view on the McC ulloch goal that was disallowed.

After the Dumbarton game i said the penalty was soft...very soft.

I call it as i see it. I have in the past mentioned a certain incident in an OF game where i know a linessman cheated in Rangers favour.

Disagreeing with you or any other poster on here diesn't automatically make me wrong. I would say some of the Ps&Ds are among the worst. Every decision that Rangers get .. regardless of how blatant is put down to a refereeing bias / Masonic conspiracy

I am not claiming Rangers will win the semi final but just wondering...How many of the clubs remaining are sitting above ICT in the league?

Its not as if there are gaps within the top 6, there are only 4 points separating top from sixth. Very little between all six in form. And yeah I agree Rangers can beat either Dundee Utd or Aberdeen, but not based on their league position since this is an accumulation of results.

Dundee beat Hamilton, why are Dundee not ahead of Hamilton in the league?.

Partick Th beat Inverness, why are Partick not ahead of Inverness in the league?.

Both examples would point to both teams lower down the league being better on the day but not throughout the season.

I think if Aberdeen and Dundee Utd draw, it should be at Hibs or Hearts. Utd average under 10k and Aberdenn average about 10k, so the hardcore supports will more than likely get tickets. The tighter ground will allow for a better atmosphere. Hampden killed our Ayrshire Derby a few years back, 25,000 at the game was great, but it was just not the same. I would've loved Tynecastle and have it split 50/50.

Utd Aberdeen at Hampden, I don't think, would break 30,000.

Easter Road would be great but I can't see it being available with Hibs at home that weekend.

Tynecastle was too small last year and that was with us getting some of St Johnstone's tickets. It'd be even worse this year. We'd be lucky to get 8,000 tickets, that's less than what was at the Hamilton match.

If both clubs were smart and told their fans if they go to the semis they'll get priority for a final ticket (would be a max of 22,000 and even then that's only if they get a 50/50 split which is never guaranteed against the Old Firm) then considering 43,000 wasn't even enough for the Aberdeen support in March, and United took 30,000 in May, it'd be in fans interests to snap up semi tickets to avoid the ticket scramble for a possible final.

If reasonably priced and at 3pm on a Saturday, a crowd of well over 30,000 isn't unreasonable.

Easter Road would be great but I can't see it being available with Hibs at home that weekend.

Tynecastle was too small last year and that was with us getting some of St Johnstone's tickets. It'd be even worse this year. We'd be lucky to get 8,000 tickets, that's less than what was at the Hamilton match.

If both clubs were smart and told their fans if they go to the semis they'll get priority for a final ticket (would be a max of 22,000 and even then that's only if they get a 50/50 split which is never guaranteed against the Old Firm) then considering 43,000 wasn't even enough for the Aberdeen support in March, and United took 30,000 in May, it'd be in fans interests to snap up semi tickets to avoid the ticket scramble for a possible final.

If reasonably priced and at 3pm on a Saturday, a crowd of well over 30,000 isn't unreasonable.

Think it would be possible for the SFA to postpone/move the Hibs match to another day.

You are right about it not being unreasonable, however Dundee Utd don't seem to be able to pull fans out for semi finals, last year at Ibrox was a perfect chance to get thousands more at Ibrox, even Thompson said they'd struggle to sell their initial allocation.

I'd say Rangers were the slight favourites in both those games

There you go again with your utter nonsense.

Utd have embarrassed your new and old clubs every year for the last 3 years, but you'd make Rangers slight favourites?

Guid wan m8.

Think it would be possible for the SFA to postpone/move the Hibs match to another day.

That would be up to Hibs, and as I understand it they refused to host both semi-finals last season because they didn't want two games on their pitch in two days. So unlikely they'll want to play the day after a semi-final has been played in their ground.

If they do, then great, host it at Easter Road. But I think Tynecastle is only realistic option if it's in Edinburgh and it's too small.

however Dundee Utd don't seem to be able to pull fans out for semi finals,

Their semi crowds are on the rise, much like Aberdeen in fact. We notoriously never brought big crowds to semi-finals up until we played QOTS in 2008. We had 6500 v Hibs at Hampden in 2000 compared to over 15,000 in 2012.

Coincidently, the crowd in 1994 at Hampden between Aberdeen and United was 21,397 (Sat 3pm) and 13,936 (replay, Tuesday night). Like I say that was when our semi crowds were much lower. You could pretty much double the Aberdeen crowd if we meet in February and add a few thousand to United's too.

Of course, this discussion could all be for nothing if the draw pitches us with someone else.

If they do, then great, host it at Easter Road. But I think Tynecastle is only realistic option if it's in Edinburgh and it's too small.

Easter Road is also too small really.

Any weekend semi-final fixture that involves any two of Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hearts or Hibs (possibly Dundee too) will draw a crowd of 25,000-40,000.

Its not as if there are gaps within the top 6, there are only 4 points separating top from sixth. Very little between all six in form. And yeah I agree Rangers can beat either Dundee Utd or Aberdeen, but not based on their league position since this is an accumulation of results.

Dundee beat Hamilton, why are Dundee not ahead of Hamilton in the league?.

Partick Th beat Inverness, why are Partick not ahead of Inverness in the league?.

Both examples would point to both teams lower down the league being better on the day but not throughout the season.

All very true and as i stated it in no way suggests Rangers will win but if you read the post i was replying to he categorically states that Rangers have absolutely no chance. I am just pointing out we have already beaten a team who are above all 3 in the league...Serious lack of objectivity there and i expect to see Aberdeenbud all over it when he sees it ;)

There you go again with your utter nonsense.

Utd have embarrassed your new and old clubs every year for the last 3 years, but you'd make Rangers slight favourites?

Guid wan m8.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Lack of objectivity kinda post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You do know United are not the same team as last season and lost a couple of their better players while Rangers are a vastly improved team on the one they narrowly defeated last year.

I love how superior teams playing poorly and winning against worse teams who upped their game on the day somehow means said team is some sort of better side.

:lol:

I remember when Arbroath drew with Celtic before they narrowly beat us in the replay, I think we have improved since then and Celtic have gotten worse, does that mean we are now favourites if we face Celtic again? ;)

Archived