League Cup Semi-Final Draw - 5:05PM, Saturday 1st November

AberDon

I hope there is no OF match up, the longer we go without an Old Firm derby in Scotland the better. A derby day of scumbags.

If Celtic draw Rangers however, I hope Celtic annihilate them. It's not often people will say they want Celtic to win, but I imagine on this occasion they would.

Naturally I hope we have a Aberdeen vs United final. That would be superb.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance we have of winning this cup is completely dependent on avoiding Celtic in the semi and the final as our record against them is just absolutely abysmal. It's quite remarkable that even when we do play well against them, we repeatedly manage to shoot ourselves in the foot and balls it up.

Even recently there's us blowing the chance to end our run without a win at Parkhead in the last minute a year ago. Or us chucking away a lead against Celtic immediately for the second time in a season in the Scottish cup semi final in 2013. The year before that Johnny Russell squanders a glorious chance in the quarter final at Tannadice at 0-0 after we'd been all over them. Robbie Neilson then elbows Samaras in the face and gets sent off, we have to play the best part of an hour with 10 men and lose 4-0.

The ideal scenario would be a United - Aberdeen final. Neither of the bigot brothers around and the atmosphere would be fanstastic.

Also: lol at so many Sevco fans voting to face us again. They guys bloodthirsty or what?

Unfinished business. We really should have beat Utd last season. We had enough chances but not the strikers to take those chances. We now have Miller and Boyd who will take those chances in a game against United. Oh and without Mohsni in defence we look much sttonger in that area.

"The Pundit" is well known for his utterly terrible prediction record and generally being pretty clueless. Sure he forecast a comfortable victory for Sevco in last year's Scottish semi, when the complete opposite happened.

If you're disagreeing with him you're probably on the right track.

"If we draw them in the semi finals, we could become the first side in history to beat a team in their first three consecutive years of existence, whilst playing in three different leagues, at three different grounds."

Actually sounds tempting enough to play you guys again.

"The Pundit" is well known for his utterly terrible prediction record

I actually have a very consistent prediction record.

I regularly finish near the top of the league in the Pie and Bovril prediction leagues. :)

But I'm not one to boast.

If Rangers never had an absolute incompenent manager for the last few years I have no doubt their would be much more progress on the field. Its evident that McCoist is not Manager material in any sense. He was perfectly fitted to the "coach/players pal" role Walter Smith gave him. Hopelessly out his depth IMO. Maybe if he had an experienced/quality number 2 to guide him he'd have more of a chance but with McDowall and Durrant as the choices then it will only be stagnation - which it has been for the last few years despite the climb up the leagues. (Mr.Blobby could have won the leagues also)

That being said with all of Ally's shortcomings I still reckon they're probably better than Aberdeen and Dundee Utd. I reckon we will see an OF final if both teams are kept apart in the draw on Saturday.

Papped them 0-3 and donning them in the league. Us > Aberdeen.

You're not as consistent though, and are more prone to off days than Aberdeen side who can grind out results every single week.

Archived