League Cup Semi-Final Draw - 5:05PM, Saturday 1st November

AberDon

this draw is going to be all that is on my mind untill saturday :lol:

You're not alone there. I'm going to be excited right up until we draw Celtic, and then I'll be dreading it for 3 months.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, I'll bag the first "stadium debate" post.

Hampden (it'll be open by then?) unless any Aberdeen v Dundee Utd tie, in which case Tynecastle.

Versus Aberdeen at Tynecastle would be brilliant. Competitive and a great atmosphere without all the bile associated with the Glasgow fannies.

are yous talking about the 08 final? pretty sure wilkie done an almost identical pass back a few weeks later in the 3-3 game at tannadice :lol:

Five minutes left, United looking comfortable. Mark Kerr almost at the half way line and under no pressure decides to take the safe option and play the ball back to Zaluska straight to the feet of Kris Boyd. Kerr had been excellent up until that point and, indeed, ran himself into the ground afterwards trying to make amends but it wasn't to be.

Suffice to say that popular sentiment rather turned against Mark after that game and his career nosedived.

absolute nap that we'll get Celtic, we always do.

33.3333% chance of getting anyone, but it won't be.

Can't help but think the same.

Would make it harder but we've had better fortunes against them in recent times. Would make a better final though.

Five minutes left, United looking comfortable. Mark Kerr almost at the half way line and under no pressure decides to take the safe option and play the ball back to Zaluska straight to the feet of Kris Boyd. Kerr had been excellent up until that point and, indeed, ran himself into the ground afterwards trying to make amends but it wasn't to be.

Suffice to say that popular sentiment rather turned against Mark after that game and his career nosedived.

Yup I remember that , rangers really did not look like scoring until that point and United were in complete control of the game. Unfortunate from Kerr . Again though I recall Wilkie doing an almost identical pass back in the 3-3 tannadice advice game a few weeks later although I can't remember if it was to novo or for Boyd again.

Thing is, Easter Road/Tynecastle is too small for a Dundee United/Aberdeen semi but Hampeden is too big.

It's unfortunate we don't have a 30,000 seater stadium in Scotland.

If it is United/Aberdeen I hope they play it at Hampden as everyone who wants a ticket will get one.

Thing is, Easter Road/Tynecastle is too small for a Dundee United/Aberdeen semi but Hampeden is too big.

It's unfortunate we don't have a 30,000 seater stadium in Scotland.

If it is United/Aberdeen I hope they play it at Hampden as everyone who wants a ticket will get one.

As I said a tie between dutd and Aberdeen on a Saturday/sun in a semi final should be able to fill at least 35000-40000 hampeen seats.

We'd only take 10,000 to a semi final. Hibs holds just over double that, no?

That'll do.

Thing is Hibs are at home that weekend, and a United/Dons semi would likely be the Saturday. Poses a few problems.

If Hibs were happy to take the money for hosting the game and move their league tie to Sunday, then everyone is happy.

However, we might end up having to play a lunchtime kick-off at Tynecastle, which would be a shame as one of the great things about the St Johnstone semi last season was the 3pm kick-off and the fact it seemed 90% of the support were pissed before the game.

The main thing for me is that it would be a Saturday 3pm kick-off, and if best chance of that happening is Hampden then Glasgow it is.

The main thing for me is that it would be a Saturday 3pm kick-off

100% this. Not just for a scoop but I whole-heartedly object to having to get up at dawn to go the to the footy. Folk travel from miles around to follow the most famous and most successful Scottish side in terms of European trophy wins and getting to Mt Florida for an early kick off is a pain in the arse for every dons fan.

Guaranteed though this will be a midday kick-off.

Archived