League Cup Semi-Final Draw - 5:05PM, Saturday 1st November

AberDon

We're due an Old Firm game tbh, it would likely be a complete horsing seeing as Celtic would actually put some effort into it (instead of just cruising like they do every other week). No matter who won it would be utterly hilarious though

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United v The Rangers please and a walk in the park like last time.

Only worry is that both teams have moved in different directions since last season.

Aberdeen probably have the best chance of beating Celtc as well.

A bigot brothers final would be just awful.

According to twitter this foursome have been the semi-finalists twice in this competition.

1983-84

(Semis were over two legs)

Aberdeen 0-0 Celtic

Celtic 1-0 Aberdeen

Dundee U 1-1 Rangers

Rangers 2-0 Dundee U

Rangers went on to win the cup.

1990/91

Celtic 2-0 Dundee United

Rangers 1-0 Aberdeen

Rangers again went onto win the cup.

When asked questions about the possibility of meeting Rangers for the first time since their formation in 2012, Deila insisted he was not bothered about which team Celtic come out of Saturday’s draw with.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11787/9540575/scottish-league-cup-ronny-deila-is-not-bothered-who-celtic-play-in-the-last-four

I expect sky to be getting lots of angry letters about subscriptions being cancelled tomorrow :lol:

post-14721-14146498072979_thumb.jpg

I meant in the cup matches since Rangers won the League Cup final against Dundee United on penalties.

And what a great game that was. United should have won it had it not been for a crazy back-pass from Mark Kerr.

And an even crazier refereeing performance. It really was ridiculous that day. The ref wasn't even pretending to be fair.

And an even crazier refereeing performance. It really was ridiculous that day. The ref wasn't even pretending to be fair.

Apart from that fucking back pass, my overriding memory of that game is Kalvanes being wrestled to the ground by Broadfoot in what should've been the most blatant penalty you're ever likely to see only for the ref to wave play on. It was Mike McCurry-esque officiating.

Kind of torn with this upcoming draw. I really can't be bothered with another build up to a game against The Rangers but they do represent our best chance of making the final and our record against Celtic is just abysmal so we'd have to let Aberdeen take care of them.

Archived