League Cup Semi-Final Draw - 5:05PM, Saturday 1st November

AberDon

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, I'll bag the first "stadium debate" post.

Hampden (it'll be open by then?) unless any Aberdeen v Dundee Utd tie, in which case Tynecastle.

Not a chance being at Tynecastle, the amount of Aberdeen fans upset at missing last game against St Johnstone. Obviously United would want decent allocation too. Looks like Hampden for both games

Surely we can't draw Sevco again, can we? Hope not. Someone else needs to take their turn.

United vs Aberdeen please.

Save that for the final. In terms of the venue anywhere but Celtic Park for me.

Interesting to see the reaction should it be decided to hold a Celtic-Rangers semi at Celtic Park..

Not a chance being at Tynecastle, the amount of Aberdeen fans upset at missing last game against St Johnstone. Obviously United would want decent allocation too. Looks like Hampden for both games

Possibly. It could be Easter Road if they were happy to have 2 games in 2 days (or postpone Hibs v Raith)... It wouldn't be on TV so that would also inflate the crowd a bit. That said Aberdeen-St Johnstone was at Tynecastle (16,761) as was a New Firm derby in 2008 (drew 12,046 after a postponement).

i will literally eat my own anus with a spoon if Rangers and Celtic are drawn together.

Don't be so sure. Big merchandising opportunities to be had in the run up to Christmas for an enterprising and well-placed sportswear retailer, should an old rivalry be re-kindled. Although the anus-spoon-eating vine P&B will demand will be an added bonus too.

Delighted to be in another semi. No desire for it to be marred by having to share the same postcode as them for 90 minutes. Ideally it's new-firm / old firm semis. 3pm Saturday kick off, to allow a generous scooping on a glorious early spring day in Edinburgh, advert for football and superiority of all things not - glasgow. Regardless of result.

Versus an absolute horsing of sevco followed by a major public order incident, in the rain, somewhere grim.

I'll make one prediction - no matter what the draw is, everyone will claim it's a conspiracy.

You've got people claiming the SPFL are absolutely desperate for an old firm game as soon as possible so will rig the draw to make it so, and others claiming the SPFL are desperate to keep them apart until the final so will rig the draw to make it so.

Me? I think they'll stick four names in a hat and pick them out at random.

Here's my preferences in order:-

1 - Dundee United at Easter Road

2 - Dundee United at Tynecastle

3 - Rangers at Hampden

4 - Dundee United at Hampden

5 - Celtic at Hampden

Archived