East Fife v Berwick

Yellow Feet

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd never heard of it, might explain the lack of interesf.

It was advertised on Facebook and via the tannoy system at home games the same as every other bus. I would suggest the reason it wasn't supported is more to do with the awful performances being served up on the park.

Aye, it was. Unfortunately facing teams 5 teams a season is a turn off, and as luck would have it a bus had already been run there this season, so people were probably less bothered than ever when pairing that with form about a Scottish cup. A shame but understandable.

Supporters react to poor results. Away support at Coatbridge on Saturday was 51, considerably lower than usual 75ish. We need an incentive to go and see our team, and 4 points out of 21 and a series of below-par performances isn't going to do the trick. Our players are relatively well rewarded; many supporters will be hard pushed financially. If the choice is between spending £40 to get to Methil (travel, entrance, couple of pints & something to eat) to see an underperforming BRFC side and saving a bit of cash in the run up to Christmas, it's not hard to understand why many people will choose the latter option.

Hopefully CC & his team will turn things around on Saturday, nad that will spark a revival. It would be good to get some wins under our belts with the festive holidays approaching, and the prospect of bigger gates with people returning to Berwick for Christmas.

Bald

Notman Young Tulloch Jacobs

Gray Miller L Currie Gold

Lavery Dargo

2-5. A thriller.

Fair to say that the first quarter of the league has been extremely disappointing for both teams. Confidence will be very low in both camps with only 5 wins between them in 20 league games. From our point of view we have been hampered by injuries to key players and we have struggled for any continuity in team selection. I suppose at this level and teams budgets most teams will only have a pool of 18 or 19 players. We have had 4 or 5 out for the past month. Our 2 loan players will be missing tomorrow so numbers will be low again. I cant remember East Fife beating a team Colin Cameron has managed so he will fancy his chances tomorrow. In our last home game against Rangers I thought we looked very good and only a couple of poor goalkeeping errors was the difference between both teams. Then last week against queens park was a complete contrast. A poor 2nd to everything, effort and team spirit had dropped off 100% from the rangers game. We the fans can only hope Gary Naysmith has convinced the players that they just cant turn up when they fancy it. He says they are an honest bunch but I felt cheated last Saturday. Berwick looked decent in our earlier league game this season, and I am surprised how their season has went. I have not got a clue what East Fife will turn up tomorrow so no point trying to predict a winner. Both teams will be desperate to turn their season around so a draw wouldn't be a surprise.

Dunbar Colts 17's playing tomorrow,(3rd rnd Scottish..) so young Gloves and I will be going today. Great to see Drummond back; pity that Maxwell is injured as having two proper wing-backs (that can also defend!) gives us so much more. Still, like the formation; just hope our top talent will get up for the Cup, as; if we can't get a spark from a cup run, I'm not sure the commitment I've seen so far will even get 4th place.

Sounds like the dream team support may be able to cheer a man each.

We Are Gold!!

Archived