Where do we go from here?

Thought i would ask my fellow Rangers posters this question. I wanted to try and keep it away from getting lost in among the trolls on the BRALT.

I have said from Day 1 i wanted King and his supporters on the board. They have the best interests of the club at heart and the wealth , and more importantly , willing to use that wealth to help fund the club in the short term. Obviously that is now dead in the water.

We now have a board who don't even try and hide the fact that Rangers Football Club is just a vehicle for them to make money. They have absolutely no interest whatsoever in how we are doing on the park...Unless that is affecting their income off the park. I cant see many positives to take from all this other than the club wont go into administration which i seriously doubt was on the cards considering we had people willing to invest their own money. Another Jack Irvine lie!

Away from the boardroom troubles we still ,after all this time, have no scouting network in place. We have very little coming through from Murray Park and an ageing team struggling to keep pace with a dreadful Hearts team. Yet the new board have said the managers job is not even up for discussion!!

I have already decided that i will be picking and choosing the games i attend and didn't even watch any of the game at the weekend except for the 2 or 3 minutes highlights on BBC online. I hate to say this but my feelings for the club are at an all time low. Usually i would be looking forward to tomorrows night game with a wee bit of excitement but it is very much Meh...If we win great but if we lose..Och well. Not that bothered either way. I ll be more interested in the results i have on my coupon.

Of course all i want is a club to be playing at Ibrox. Of course i want the club to be run in the proper manner and to spend within our means. I have wanted that for the last few seasons!! What i don't want is to watch my hard earned money going straight from my pocket into Ashleys pocket!! That is exactly what will happen and Rangers will be kept alive ... just ...by soft loans from Ashley and Rangers will have this huge debt hanging over the club and we will be as unsaleable then as we were when we had the tax case hanging over our heads.

I would be interested in the views of the other Rangers posters

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is Ashley will want tonnes of revenue into the club and therefore investing in the club and therefore returning rangers to their previous status (dominating the top flight with Celtic) I would be over the moon to be a ger right now knowing that my club will still be there every second Saturday

The thing is Ashley will want tonnes of revenue into the club and therefore investing in the club and therefore returning rangers to their previous status (dominating the top flight with Celtic) I would be over the moon to be a ger right now knowing that my club will still be there every second Saturday

I listened to BBC Scotland on the Saturday the CEO (or whatever position he has) of Hamilton Accies was on and i would much prefer him to Ashley. In fact it is a complete no brainer and he is a Rangers man as Cosgrove and Cowan kept pressing him on the Rangers issue.

Believe me at this moment in time i have no interest in celtic and would hate to play any time soon. I want the company run for the benefit of the football club and not the other way round

Is Ashley not simply putting the club in a position where he can exploit it to the full. In a position where nobody else will touch it and he will get his own way in the end. What does he need to do to take the trademark if he eventually owns the club?

Also, who is going to pay back this short term loan? Or, has he just effectively bought Edmiston House and the car park for £2 million?

Is Ashley not simply putting the club in a position where he can exploit it to the full. In a position where nobody else will touch it and he will get his own way in the end. What does he need to do to take the trademark if he eventually owns the club?

Also, who is going to pay back this short term loan? Or, has he just effectively bought Edmiston House and the car park for £2 million?

Exactly. The club is there to make the company (Ashley and Co.) millions if not 10s of millions.

Well the first step is for your support to accept that you are finished as a force and a mediocre future is a certainty for Rangers.

Unlucky.

I can live with that quite easily. What i cant live with is the feeling i am being robbed of my hard earned money. I don't mind a businessman making money but what i do mind is when they are taking the piss with deals like naming the stadium for £1...Taking all the merchandise profits out of the club etc

I listened to BBC Scotland on the Saturday the CEO (or whatever position he has) of Hamilton Accies was on and i would much prefer him to Ashley. In fact it is a complete no brainer and he is a Rangers man as Cosgrove and Cowan kept pressing him on the Rangers issue.

That was Ronnie Macdonald and I just asked one of the Accies fans on The Big Thread what his opinion was as I heard the same piece.

Like you, my knitting is ripped by blokes who see us as a cash cow. However, I haven't a fucking scooby how we deal with it

I would have preferred Dave King was in control of Rangers... but I'm willing to give Mike Ashley the benefit of the doubt.

If Rangers have funds to invest in the squad to properly challenge Celtic not many will be complaining.

Did he "save" Rangers? Well, the cash will only last a few months so "save" might be too strong a word. Were they "48 hours" from administration? maybe, but I find that hard to believe given it was also reported the club had enough funds to pay the players in November and there was two alternative funding options.

One thing that annoys me though is the purchase of stadium naming rights for just £1.

It seems just a matter of "when" not "if" Ibrox will be renamed and in my opinion it should have been worth £500k-£1m per league campaign to the club.

Other Rangers fans have claimed also that Rangers do not get much from shirt sales etc.

I may be wrong but I doubt he's just going to give the club £5m for example to spend on players and consider the possibility of brand awareness in Europe an acceptable return for his investment. I think he'll loan the club cash with possibility of brand awareness in Europe AND get his £5m back. I'm merely speculating though and hopefully Ashley will explain what he plans to do.

I fear it's too late now to shift these shysters and even if we did the club would be in tatters... with all revenue streams neatly sewn up and unavailable to the new owners. We may decide to show some red cards or hold a protest outside an empty stadium again, that usually shows em.

We'll now see a full on PR onslaught from Jack Irvine, sadly out of desperation a lot of fans will go back, As for me, they'll have to convince me that things have changed but i fear i'm in for a long long wait.

I still can't see Ashley taking full control of the club but i think he may try to control things through loans, very handy that the shysters have probably squandered over £100m isn't it.... Will the SFA stand up to him, i hope so.

Green should have been starved of funds when he first showed up and bought the club with a loan but Ally really wanted to be a real manager and the rest is history.

Imagine you had all turned round to the powers that be, and the press and said... Hold on a fuckin minute, company? No, we're a football club, what's this shite about companies?

You wouldn't be sitting, as you are now, tear stained, feeling sorry for yourselves.

Oh well, sweet dreams, couldn't have happened to a more arrogant, selfish fan base or club. Charles green saw you coming and played you like a fiddle.

Mugs, the lot of you.

Exactly. The club is there to make the company (Ashley and Co.) millions if not 10s of millions.

I think you've got Ashley wrong when you read about his motivation for getting involved with Newcastle

“Newcastle attracted me because everyone in England knows that it has the best fans in football… don’t get me wrong. I did not buy Newcastle to make money. I bought Newcastle because I love football.” -Mike Ashley

You can see what attracted him to Newcastle is why he's showing an interest at Ibrox he just loves football. :wub:

I fear it's too late now to shift these shysters and even if we did the club would be in tatters... with all revenue streams neatly sewn up and unavailable to the new owners. We may decide to show some red cards or hold a protest outside an empty stadium again, that usually shows em.

We'll now see a full on PR onslaught from Jack Irvine, sadly out of desperation a lot of fans will go back, As for me, they'll have to convince me that things have changed but i fear i'm in for a long long wait.

I still can't see Ashley taking full control of the club but i think he may try to control things through loans, very handy that the shysters have probably squandered over £100m isn't it.... Will the SFA stand up to him, i hope so.

Green should have been starved of funds when he first showed up and bought the club with a loan but Ally really wanted to be a real manager and the rest is history.

The SFA? Hahaha! You are fucked on that score.

Thought i would ask my fellow Rangers posters this question. I wanted to try and keep it away from getting lost in among the trolls on the BRALT.

I have said from Day 1 i wanted King and his supporters on the board. They have the best interests of the club at heart and the wealth , and more importantly , willing to use that wealth to help fund the club in the short term. Obviously that is now dead in the water.

We now have a board who don't even try and hide the fact that Rangers Football Club is just a vehicle for them to make money. They have absolutely no interest whatsoever in how we are doing on the park...Unless that is affecting their income off the park. I cant see many positives to take from all this other than the club wont go into administration which i seriously doubt was on the cards considering we had people willing to invest their own money. Another Jack Irvine lie!

Away from the boardroom troubles we still ,after all this time, have no scouting network in place. We have very little coming through from Murray Park and an ageing team struggling to keep pace with a dreadful Hearts team. Yet the new board have said the managers job is not even up for discussion!!

I have already decided that i will be picking and choosing the games i attend and didn't even watch any of the game at the weekend except for the 2 or 3 minutes highlights on BBC online. I hate to say this but my feelings for the club are at an all time low. Usually i would be looking forward to tomorrows night game with a wee bit of excitement but it is very much Meh...If we win great but if we lose..Och well. Not that bothered either way. I ll be more interested in the results i have on my coupon.

Of course all i want is a club to be playing at Ibrox. Of course i want the club to be run in the proper manner and to spend within our means. I have wanted that for the last few seasons!! What i don't want is to watch my hard earned money going straight from my pocket into Ashleys pocket!! That is exactly what will happen and Rangers will be kept alive ... just ...by soft loans from Ashley and Rangers will have this huge debt hanging over the club and we will be as unsaleable then as we were when we had the tax case hanging over our heads.

I would be interested in the views of the other Rangers posters

A bit harsh m8.

Archived