Ross County v Aberdeen, Monday 3 November

First of two occasions this season that this will be a midweek fixture.

We've never won in Dingwall before so now is as good a time as any. Important that we close the gap on the cluster of teams above us. County were poor at Pittodrie last month but they seem to be improving but still not winning games.

Positive result against Hamilton on Wednesday will hopefully set us up nicely for this one.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think, at last, we are beginning to see a Ross County side that picks itself.

Brown

Toshney Quinn Boyd Barr

Brittain Irvine

Gardyne Kiss Carey

Arquin

That's the team that started against St Mirren and I can only see one or two changes from that, at the very most.

The first change will be whether or not Jamie Reckord is fit to make his debut at left-back, and whether or not the manager would drop Darren Barr anyway. The second is where to put Martin Woods in midfield, if he's in contention. I think he'll eventually be good for Richard Brittain's position, when Brittain needs his foot operation.

I think Filip Kiss needs to start producing goals and assists. Woods got an assist within a minute of replacing him at the weekend. Yoann Arquin doesn't score enough on his own, so the majority of the goals need to come from the attacking band behind him.

Kiss probably needs dropped for a couple of games. He played very well against ICT but wasn't too involved against St. Mirren. If only there were someone in the squad who could play that role behind the striker, someone with a history of good link-up play with Arquin :bairn

I'd like to see County go like this:

Brown

Toshney Quinn Boyd Barr

Irvine Brittain

Maatsen Gardyne Carey

Arquin

Reguero, Frempah, Kiss, Boyce, Cardle, Woods, Dunfield

There's no chance of Maatsen starting but I can dream. I still think County could do with a "winger" who will stay out wide and just run at defenders. I reckon Reckord and Woods will be introduced into the starting XI after the next international break.

Still a week away but I'm hopeful of taking something from this game. County need to start winning games sooner rather than later.

That's kind of upset me.

Aye, folk on his facebook are thanking him for his efforts and wishing him well now he's left, and he's posted a response to thank one of them. So he's definitely gone. Gutted.

Maybe worth mentioning that the post he responded to had mentioned "some things are more important" and that it was hoped Melvin "sort out your difficulties and return to football". I hope it all gets sorted out for him soon enough, although he will be a sore miss for County, easily our most talented footballer.

I would like to see a couple of changes for this one, Boyce for Arquin and Frempah for Boyd. I wasn't at the St Mirren game but at home to Celtic two weeks ago both of them were awful and need some time on the sidelines IMO.

First of two occasions this season that this will be a midweek fixture.

We've never won in Dingwall before so now is as good a time as any. Important that we close the gap on the cluster of teams above us. County were poor at Pittodrie last month but they seem to be improving but still not winning games.

Positive result against Hamilton on Wednesday will hopefully set us up nicely for this one.

I've seen us win in Dingwall but it was a preseason friendly during Skovdahls time in charge ;)

Monday night? FFS! I just came on to let you Dons know that you won't be winning this game.

Thinking that this game was getting played today I had Aberdeen for a win on my 6 team acca and all the other five teams came in. History has shown me that the final game always lets me down.

On the plus side, a County victory keeps us in the top six at your expense☺

Hopefully we can improve on our dire record up there.

Another away game on the telly suits me these days now that I rarely go to away games. Even if it'll be strange on a Monday night.

Any type of win will do and we're back up to 5th and only 4 points below Utd. Good to have such a competitive league post Armageddon

Would agree with BB's team, but I could see Dunfield cover the Brittain spot more than Woods.

Woods could potentially be an option to come on for Kiss.

Dunfield certainly looks like the natural cover for Brittain. But he didn't give a good first impression in the Celtic game, between some slack passing and switching off. Hopefully he'll get better with sharpness - throwing him in against Celtic was a tough ask.

From the various highlights reels of Woods on Youtube, it looks like he was an exciting attacking midfielder, but latterly for Doncaster and Barnsley sat a lot more deep and just recycled the possession. Then again, Kiss used to play deeper and has the technique for this level to be playing further up the pitch. Woods did well enough coming on for Kiss against St Mirren.

I'd say there's more of a need of someone who is tidy on the ball beside Irvine, rather than Dunfield's tackling over technique. It's good to have both, of course, although probably not for the budget deficit.

Archived