benburb new park

courts

No confirmation of the new name yet, New Tinto has been mentioned, but that`s all. I personally think there will be a part named after Tommy and yes there will be a covered section at the motorway side.

No date confirmed yet, but things are moving quickly now so hopefully soon.

Images provided by poster on here "Courts"

post-46889-0-36784700-1414441002_thumb.j

post-46889-0-20643300-1414441041_thumb.j

post-46889-0-17332700-1414441054_thumb.j

post-46889-0-87816900-1414441086_thumb.j

post-46889-0-50583600-1414441166_thumb.j

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the comments about our new ground, most appreciated no date as yet when completed but keep updated as we go along, nothing decided as ground name, but what is certain that the late great Tommy Douglas will be incorporated in some capacity as is fitting for a great Benburb man

Have been watching the new ground take shape from the top deck of the X23 bus heading into Glasgow from Renfrew. It looks great from there. Good luck to the Bens on a trouble free completion.

Have started a new thread on the new ground for Renfrew FC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any update on an opening date?

I noticed that Benburb's 29th Nov fixture was switched to be an Away early in that week (so not a weather-induced last-minute switch) even though there was no reason to do so since Neilston were Away.

That Away came after a series of Aways, and with Aways thereafter.

So I wondered if that switch indicated a deliberate saving-up of Homes until they truly could be Home instead of at Neilston.

In the latest release of fixtures, Benburb have been given three consecutive Homes - on Sat 20th Dec, Sat 27th Dec, and Sat 3rd Jan.

Does that indicate that as of 20th Dec they'll be playing on the new ground, I wonder...

For the first two of those dates, Neilston aren't Home, so it's possible that Benburb could fulfill those Home fixtures there.

But on 3rd Jan, Neilston are themselves Home.

It's Benburb v Renfrew, which couldn't just be switched, since Johnstone Burgh are also Home that day.

So that one must surely have been scheduled knowing that Benburb will definitely be on their new ground by then.

I noticed that Benburb's 29th Nov fixture was switched to be an Away early in that week (so not a weather-induced last-minute switch) even though there was no reason to do so since Neilston were Away.

So I wondered if that switch indicated a deliberate saving-up of Homes until they truly could be Home instead of at Neilston.

In the latest release of fixtures, Benburb have been given three consecutive Homes - on Sat 20th Dec, Sat 27th Dec, and Sat 3rd Jan.

Does that indicate that as of 20th Dec they'll be playing on the new ground, I wonder...

For the first two of those dates, Neilston aren't Home, so it's possible that Benburb could fulfill those Home fixtures there.

It's Benburb v Renfrew, which couldn't just be switched, since Johnstone Burgh are also Home that day.

So that one must surely have been scheduled knowing that Benburb will definitely be on their new ground by then.

They were saying on Saturday it's not far off being ready...

No date has been set yet.

LeedsPhil, on 03 Dec 2014 - 12:51, said:

How do you know there wasn`t a reason ?,

Is it not easier to switch a game to "away"providing it suits the other team too ?
Absolute conjecture as it hasn`t done Renfrew any harm to be playing home away from home.

We also have two away fixtures preceding those, one in the league and one in the cup both to Dunipace, we also played our Scottish cup tie away to Medda, are you suggesting the draws were rigged to suit Bens ?

No, it doesn`t indicate anything of the sort, you are reading too much into nothing, it is not in Bens best interests to keep an opening date a secret as we are anticipating a full house when we do open, so as soon as it`s confirmed we will be as public as we possibly can with advertising it on here, Twitter, Facebook and our Website as well as locally.

Yes it is possible, but it is also possible that we could fulfill those fixtures elsewhere as we have done recently at Saracen Park.

And ?

Absolute rubbish as we have already played Renfrew away at Keanie Park, we still have three games that could possibly be reversed, we take each fixture as we are given them, if the other team is happy to reverse then that`s the easiest option, every team we have reversed the fixture with have been more than happy to do so. if not then we look at alternatives.
I suggest that you look at our league position before you launch into any more conspiracy theories.
Thank you for your dissertation on Benburb F.A.C.

Archived