Hamilton Academical vs Partick Thistle - Saturday 1 November

With our side seeming more solid at the back for the moment hopefully we can start to create more goal scoring opportunities that our play has warranted in recent games. This should be a fairly open affair and despite Hamilton's fantastic start to the season a fixture we shouldn't fear.

I feel this game could be fairly end to end and there could be goals for both sides. I wouldn't stray too far from yesterday's line-up. I guess Seabourne has to come back into contention despite Frans and Balatoni showing up well against a stuffy St. Johnstone side. Fraser and Higgy may be in the reckoning if fit but probably won't start due to the artifical surface at NDP.

Things may be clearer after both sides league cup quarter final ties. Hopefully both sides will be in the semi-fnal come matchday.

Head prediction Accies 2 Thistle 2

Heart prediction Accies 1 Thistle 3

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw Ziggy Gordon in Starbucks on Byres Road. I was going to say something to him but I shat it. I've seen the way he tackles.

I would play Seabourne and Frans as well. It is harsh on Balatoni but Seabourne is just a far better defender than him.

Anyway, home win. A point would be great.

It'll be interesting to see if we can bounce back straight away like we did after our opening day defeat and go on a run again. We may be forced to make a few changes with the possibility of some weary legs and injuries from our cup-tie in midweek which could unsettle us a bit. We don't have the biggest squad so hopefully we get through the cup-tie unscathed. I reckon this will be a tight game with the most likely outcome a score draw. 1-1

Need MacKinnon in from the start for this one. Don't care about the league cup. They can play the under 20s again but this should be the main priority!

Accies 1 - 0 Partick

Jesus with the goal from the half way line.

Our last win at NDP was the point I actually started to believe the 1st division title was ours. If Elliot wants to score again like he did that day that'd be grand.

I'd be happy with a park the bus performance and trying to sneak a goal on the break, which will never happen. Same line up as Saturday except with Frans and Seaborne paired at CB. Balatoni may have had a clean sheet but if we now have two solid central defenders superior to him then it's punt time. It's been one of our weak spots for a while and we now have an opportunity to possibly fix it. Hopefully will be trialled on Wednesday.

Possibly not the best judge having just dropped a couple of hundred on Chelsea beating Man Utd but I can' t see Thistle losing this. Forget league positions for a minute, we're just the better team.

Ouch. I don't see many Jags fans agreeing with this provocative statement. League positions tend not to lie. And Accies have not just beaten teams but as with Aberdeen last week, pumped them. Accies have been a breath of fresh air and I wish we had done as well this first 1st Qtr of the season. I think we thought it was possible with the squad we have.

I do however think we have even with Higgy still out a solid team for the weekend bar no injuries in the cup game v Celtic. We should feel good about getting a good result away from home. Accies have shown how dangerous they are and so it should be a good game.

Higgy should be fit for the game, but don't know if it's the best idea to come straight back from a knee injury and play on an artificial pitch.

Heard Fraser will be playing in an u20s match tommorow so hopefully he'll be back soon as well.

There is just as much danger of reinjuring himself on grass as there is on artificial grass. If he is fit then he should be in.

Will Babyshed be making an appearance? Don't think I'll go if they are just for the good of my own safety

The Babyshed will definitely be in your scheme, shagging your girls and ripping your jaw. #ladz

Archived