Qp vs East Fife

After our recent run of form I'm feeling fairly confident that we can get a result from this. I think Gus has good idea of what his strongest team is now. Really hope we can extend the loan of Duggan as he's been a revalation since joining.

Aye Duggan will be a loss when he goes back to Thistle ( early December I think ) Currently miles better than any of our other strikers, we'll need one of them to step up as the game at Gretna showed that we're not the same team without him

The game at Methil was a great game to watch with both teams playing nice football and really going for it. Hopefully the same tomorrow

Superb team performance with exceptional work from Berry, Miller, Wharton, Rooney and McElroy. Some truly special movements of play up front and a really solid back five, combined with a great work ethic. Coming along really nicely. Gus has certainly got them working for him and the team. More of the same please :thumsup2:

So much to tak about from today's game, and all of it positive,,,,,,,,,,once we get the mysteries out of the way. Why were Queen's forced to play at home in a change strip, why were East Fife allowed to wear two different numbered jerseys from those in the official team sheet, and what happened to their goalie at half time? Ansers on a postcard to the usual address please.

As far as the game itself was concerned, Muir continues to ooze confidence, Gibson was solid, Wharton & McGregor both had great games whilst Rooney was magnificent and has absolutely nailed down the no.2 jersey as his own after a shaky couple of games when he first came in there. Berry and Miller are now such a great partnership in the centre of midfield that a fit Davie Anderson wouldn't automatically walk straight back in there, and whilst Woods more than earned pass marks without enthralling, McElroy (great goal) just about edged out Rooney (great goal-line clearance) for MOM with his waltzing run past two defenders worthy of the admission money alone. Fraser now looks worthy of his place after an inconsistent few games at the start of the season, whilst McPherson looked much more like the player hew was before his injury, so much so that Duggan wasn't missed in the slightest.

After the Berwick game I felt that we had the potential to be a mid-table side, but that's clearly now doing the team a disservice. For me though the key to whether we can remain a top four side or not is going to be how we suffer from injuries and suspension. We are well covered for full backs, and Davison and Burns can both be effective wide men, but once Duggan returns to PT I'd be very concerned for our chances if we lost any of Muir, Wharton, McGregor, Berry, Millar or McPherson for more than a couple of games.

For now though it's all good, and as long as the gap between ourselves and bottom spot doesn't narrow between now and May, for me it will have been a successful season. Finish in the top four, especially if Clyde are fifth, and I'll be positively euphoric, and isn't it noticeable how it's all gone very quiet from the Cumbernauld Nomads on the "park the bus Gus" front in recent weeks?

I actually thought we would challenge for the league this season and had a little purple patch a few weeks ago. We have now returned to being utter pish.

Lose to Berwick next week and it will be another season over before we are even in November.

I dont get this QP/Clyde rivalry. Its decades since Clyde were your local Rutherglen rivals. Or is it just general mutual ill feeling?

Think it's just cause the Clyde fans give it the big un and rip the pish out of QP at any opportunity :lol:

I dont get this QP/Clyde rivalry. Its decades since Clyde were your local Rutherglen rivals. Or is it just general mutual ill feeling?

Jealous of the big team. They aren't as bad as the East Fife fans though. :rolleyes:

Archived