Radio Scotland somehow lose listeners despite political turmoil

Baxter Parp

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the huge interest and debate around the Scottish independence referendum, BBC Radio Scotland saw its figures fall for the third quarter of this year.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/oct/23/bbc-radio-6-music-lauren-laverne-nick-grimshaw?CMP=share_btn_tw

Maybe it was actually a turn off for listeners?

More Robbie Shepherd and less political pish seems to be what the punterdom wants.

Nothing of course to do with the quality and content of the shows.

People sick to death of the pro-Unionist bias on shows like Call KayE and turned off in their droves more like!

Nothing of course to do with the quality and content of the shows.

People sick to death of the pro-Unionist bias on shows like Call KayE and turned off in their droves more like!

Probably the volume. Most folk were sick and tired of it.

Tell you something else. If the SNP keep talking about threats and promises being broken etc. they'll lose votes. I guarantee that....

The silent majority will once again kick them in the chuckies.

The silent majority will once again kick them in the chuckies.

Oh I think it'll go beyond that. I can sense that people know that the SNP aren't interested in collaboration and tbh they've backed themselves into a corner

So if promises are broken we can't talk about it now? :blink:

What sort of clownish BS are you talking? They said "promises were broken" the weekend after the referendum. People can see through that stupidity as well as the growling beaten leader "The majority of people have spoken and we have to accept that" and then talks about holding people's feet over the fire. The post referendum comments from the SNP were pathetic and have irked a lot of people apart from the fanatics

Because nobody like a grasser, I expect.

You're one of the sticker collective I'd guess. So glad you lost and I'd guess you'll be voting Conservative in another 10-20 years.

Then 5 years later you'll vote No in the referendum although by that time, nobody will want one ;)

You're one of the sticker collective I'd guess. So glad you lost and I'd guess you'll be voting Conservative in another 10-20 years.

Then 5 years later you'll vote No in the referendum although by that time, nobody will want one ;)

Glad you're keeping it real.

What in f**k's name are you on about?

Oh I think it'll go beyond that. I can sense that people know that the SNP aren't interested in collaboration and tbh they've backed themselves into a corner

What sort of clownish BS are you talking? They said "promises were broken" the weekend after the referendum. People can see through that stupidity as well as the growling beaten leader "The majority of people have spoken and we have to accept that" and then talks about holding people's feet over the fire. The post referendum comments from the SNP were pathetic and have irked a lot of people apart from the fanatics

Irked what people and how do you know this?

What in f**k's name are you on about?

:lol: It's good that you're unaware but you'll change over time

Irked what people and how do you know this?

It's a silent majority feeling like Jim Murphy's the night of the referendum. Can't stand him or his party but he knew we'd won the vote. i can sense people getting fed up of the SNP and their whinging and refusal to accept a democratic vote

Archived